• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Annual Inspections

skyking1

So I have that going on for me :)
I dropped it off with some instructions and complaints. One of them was a dragging front brake.
I just got a call that 4 out 6 of the slack adjusters were bad. Now I know that did not happen overnight, but I am glad it's getting all new slack adjusters now.
There were a few more things on my list and they are also doing a full service on the truck and the trailer too.

skyking1

yes autos and they did not get used regularly. The guy before me hated driving the truck and it sat while he had bedding delivered.
I use it whenever I can.
The truck has ~210,000 miles on it over 31 years.

skyking1

31 years and probably 12 with no services. The truck is an outlier with those low miles and just father time beating on it.

skyking1

I picked it up today and I could tell that it was happier. Got to have a happy truck!
There's always something to work on tighten up the mirrors. Fix the drip coming down from the clearance lights.
Now I can start plugging away on that stuff.

Truck Shop

A good way for a vehicle collector to cure his engine powered fantasy's is buy a class eight
truck. The constant issues vacuuming his wallet will cause that fantasy to subside to a degree.

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
A good way for a vehicle collector to cure his engine powered fantasy's is buy a class eight
truck. The constant issues vacuuming his wallet will cause that fantasy to subside to a degree.

That's a fact. Trucks are money pits. All of them, from pickups to dump trucks.

Truck Shop

That's a fact. Trucks are money pits. All of them, from pickups to dump trucks.
Vehicles in general are bad investments--People understandably reminisce about a car/pickup
they had in their teens/twenties. But in most cases when they buy the nostalgic car/pickup/
motorcycle they always dreamed of it is often a let down. Trucks-there are really only a few
that could be considered collectable-only because very limited production same as cars. But
the space and the up keep is double, and it's not something your going to head to the drive-in
to get a shake or ice cream.
Trucks are for transportation/freight and in some cases nothing more than a necessary evil.
True collectables are out of our reach and very few made, such as.
1934 Type 68 Hispano Suiza.
33113628164_37a3c582fb_b.jpg

Old Doug

The place i did work full time and am now working part time . Most of there trucks are used seasonal and when i could in the off season would really look them over. I havent been there a lot and it shows . The trucks are not high milage and most never go over 100 miles from home but its amazing how much upkeep and stuff that can go wrong in a year.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I drove my B61 regularly until 1999 just as I did a pickup. Back in 96 I purchased my Dodge, (Krusty) wanting more creature comfort(s) and just liked the design. When ordering the pickup, I was actually driving the Mack and told the general manager the old Mack will still be around long after the Dodge is done. Don't really know if he believed me or not, but 27 full years later and counting, this still holds true.

I jacked and scab welded a patch onto the broken frame in the Dodge last week to pull another gooseneck trailer I'd repaired back to it's owner. Hope to pop the bed off the chassis and make a more permanent repair once clear of a job in work now. Probably time to actively look for a replacement regardless.....

Poor thing has served me well and is worn both in, and out, but still runs very well and doesn't use oil. Never a major mechanical problem in all the years. Routine maintenance and high mileage exposure problems is about it.

20231115_134055.jpg

The old B-61 as it sets today and will start right up:

004.JPG011.JPG20190829_165044.jpg

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Vehicles in general are bad investments--People understandably reminisce about a car/pickup
they had in their teens/twenties. But in most cases when they buy the nostalgic car/pickup/
motorcycle they always dreamed of it is often a let down. Trucks-there are really only a few
that could be considered collectable-only because very limited production same as cars. But
the space and the up keep is double, and it's not something your going to head to the drive-in
to get a shake or ice cream.
Trucks are for transportation/freight and in some cases nothing more than a necessary evil.
True collectables are out of our reach and very few made, such as.
1934 Type 68 Hispano Suiza.
View attachment 300180
Nice lines. Here is the great grandson
hispano-suiza-carmen-4-1636061064.jpg