• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Antique equipment show this weekend (8/10, 11, 12/07)

wrenchbender

Hey digger242j,Sounds great now if I could just bypass/skip over a few states I would drive on up to see that. But it would take all my time off driving there and back.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Yes. Do. :)

Weather sounds real nice too. Not the heat and humidity of the past week.30% chance of rain early on Friday, but look at the weekend:
Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 83.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 62.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85.

Truckie

Sorry for the delay in responding back to you Digger things got a little hectic here on the South Side with the storms that came through.
I’m still planning on this Sunday. I will know better tomorrow and PM ya.
Thanks.
The weather dose look a lot better.

Electra_Glide

Well, did you guys go?

How was it, and did you take any pics to share with the class?

Inquiring minds want to know...:beatsme

SWMBO said we had a church luncheon to go to on Sunday...:(

Also missed the truck pulls on Saturday night at the Big Butler Farm Show...

Joe

Truckie

Well guys I’m sorry to say Digger and I did not make it.:(
Digger had something come up unexpected and I was on my way to the show when my cell phone rang and it was my uncle. He called and asked if I could help him replace a turbo on his rig. He had started but broke a stud and was stuck.:eek: :Banghead :Banghead So I said I will be there to give ya hand, so I turned my truck around and headed to his place to help him.
The stars were lined up against us.
Hopefully next time.
Sorry to disappoint.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Yeah, we missd it. My daughter started running a fever Saturday night, which of course was gone early on Sunday, but I thought it would be bad judgement to go. :( I was counting on Truckie to tell me about it. :beatsme

Joe, if you have your heart set on seeing truck pulling, don't forget about the Hookstown Fair. It's closer than Butler anyway. I'm thinking of trying to make the Demo Derby on Thursday night. The truck pull is Saturday (8/25).

Electra_Glide

Just givin' you guys a hard time :avid . Stuff happens...:beatsme

Digger, hope your daughter is feeling better. Sick kids can be a bummer.

Truckie, next time I need to fix something, I'll be sure to give you a call...:D

Even though none of us was able to go, I was still able to come up with some pictures from the event (used with permission) that were posted on another forum.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/560278053DJlABg

Looks like it would have made for a fun day. Mark your calendars for next year!!! The Historical Construction Equipment Assoc. national reunion will be held there.

Joe, if you have your heart set on seeing truck pulling, don't forget about the Hookstown Fair.
We like to go to the Butler Farm Show since they run a stock semi and a stock tri-axle class. Everybody has to drive in and hook to the sled. I don't think they run those at Hookstown.

Joe

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I was still able to come up with some pictures from the event (used with permission) that were posted on another forum.

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

The stars are still aligned against us seeing anything from there... :beatsme

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Thanks for that, Joe. :notworthy

(Now I'm really upset that I didn't get to see it all live.) :(

Truckie

Just givin' you guys a hard time :avid . Stuff happens...:beatsme

Truckie, next time I need to fix something, I'll be sure to give you a call...:D

Even though none of us was able to go, I was still able to come up with some pictures from the event (used with permission) that were posted on another forum.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/560278053DJlABg

Joe

No problem give a me a call.
I should be done with being sick after looking at what I missed. :D
:( :Banghead :( :Banghead :(