• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

any big scraper jobs going on in Easter Nebraska?

wnydirtguy

In Minnesota now heading to Lincoln Nebraska soon. Would love to see a big spread moving some dirt. The one thing I would love to see while out hear is some 637's or 657's because back home no one runs them. any info would be great, thanks in advance!!

crazycajun

How soon are you going? There will be quite a few scrapers being used in Sioux city iowa around sept 1st. Got about one million yard to move and 500,000 tons of rock to install in less than 3 months!

d9gdon

Cf industries fertilizer plant. We bid it, my fingers are crossed

Since I'm only about 40 miles from the site of the fertilizer plant explosion in West, TX back in April, CF Industries is a familiar name in the newspapers here. Unfortunately, they're being sued by the ambulance chasers since they are the deep pockets business that supplied (sold) the ammonium nitrate to West Fertilizer Inc. which blew up after a huge fire (and totally stumped the ATF as to what caused the explosion for weeks on end even though back in '48 or '49 the Texas City disaster occurred and dwarfed this accident killing hundreds and hundreds when ammonium nitrate being loaded onto ships exploded after heat was introduced by an unrelated intensified fire ultimately caused by a careless cigarette smoking worker). It's clear as hell to us farm boys what caused it (heat introduced to ammonium nitrate), but until some pencil neck in the dozens of government agencies say that's what caused it, we're left waiting on a decision before insurance payouts and settlements begin to rebuild schools and homes.

I have heard that there is kind of a construction boom(unintended pun) in fertilizer manufacturing plants lately here in the US instead of foreign locations as a result of the gas fracking causing plentiful supplies of natural gas which is used in the production process, and is the major cost of it.

Sounds like a big plant, good luck with the bid.

crazycajun

Still not sure, we are awaiting an answer. I'm not so sure they knew what they wanted everyone to bid on, so bids are probably all over the place

neverenoughsnow

Occupation
equipment operator
I would be interested in working on that job, been working on the Missouri river levees and that kinda dried up. What kind of hours, payscale, per diem, what kind of scrapers, how many scraper hands do you need? I live in Omaha, Ne. and my contact info: [email protected]

crazycajun

Don't think, Peterson contracting has the best shot at it I believe. Too far away to be competitive I guess!

catken

Outfit out of Sioux City, Iowa is doing the dirt. Has a bunch of Cat Challengers. Don't know what the numbers are but he's usually pretty cheap. Has a really tight schedule and will have to hustle to get it done is what I hear. Thought you'd like to know crazycajun.

kokosing

Occupation
assistant manager/operator for a lumber reload yar
In Minnesota now heading to Lincoln Nebraska soon. Would love to see a big spread moving some dirt. The one thing I would love to see while out hear is some 637's or 657's because back home no one runs them. any info would be great, thanks in advance!!

Pooler Enterprises south of Rochester runs 657s. Are you still working at Z's?

bigshow

They had 8-10 27's in Horseheads when they did the site work at the old A&P plant where the new Wal-mart and such is. They knew how to shift dirt with buggies.

kokosing

Occupation
assistant manager/operator for a lumber reload yar
I guess they had a large job at a landfill they used the 57's on, don't know if they still have them or not. Info from a buddy I know that works for a company in Rochacha.

bigshow

I only ever knew of 2 57's in N.Y. Recently and they were sitting at a farm next to the Mt. Morris exit. They were ex-Marcy 57's that weren't set up for push pull. Our mechanic and I went and checked em out one day and they were WHIPPED. Anyone have any pics of the Pooler 57's?