• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

any of you own/have used one of these?

John Banks

They work especially well on slopes or tough grades where a regular sheep's foot roller or compactor can't go.

surfer-joe

I never found them to be of much use. Most seem to wind up sitting in a contractors yard back in a corner gathering dust. They are difficult to use in obtaining equal compaction rates over the length of boom and stick travel arcs. A very skilled operator might do fairly well, but where is he when you need him? Definitely a niche machine.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
http://www.mbw.com/products/RolExa.aspx

any of you own/used one of these? are they faster/slower than than a vibratory plate, compaction wheel?

Not personally, but a large excavator by me uses his on his Deere excavator while doing water and sewer mains.He's got a quick hitch type--I could feel that baby buzzing the backfill at 40' away one time.The operator told me it would outperform and save time vs. traditional bangers/vibratories.