• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Any of you run one of these beasts?

farm_boy

A local feedyard runs these old 945 once per year when putting up high moisture corn. Not sure of the bucket size, but they will hold about 500 bushel of corn!! They probably get less than 100 hours per year.

Attachments

• CIMG1014 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1014 (Small).JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,475
  • CIMG1019 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1019 (Small).JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,447
  • CIMG1018 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1018 (Small).JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,464
  • CIMG1016 (Small).JPG
    CIMG1016 (Small).JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,467

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
fix it anthony tonite

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
We still have lots of them out loading coal and even a few striping we sold hundreds of them in the late 70-80

alco

Personally I haven't had the ...umm...joy of running a 945, but I have run a 745B and although it wasn't an overly refined machine, it wasn't bad to run. They had 3 of them all told, two that ran, and one that kept the other two running. Actually, the one I ran was fairly reliable. They used them to load out and screen gravel and topsoil mostly, so no real hard work.

Brian

Lashlander

I used one a little loading trucks in 1981. It took me a while to figure out how to get it started though. Matter a fact I think I had to call someone on the radio to figure it out.

dumptrucker

They weren't a bad machine. The worst thing they had a problem with were the heads, they warped real easy, so cool down was real important. They guys that just shut them off after running them hard found out the expensive way. Most scraped the fiat motor and put in a cummins.

glenhd

Buddy of mine had 2 of them one with a spade nose and one with flat edge he took great care of them they were pretty nice not to good in the sand pit but when we were crushing ledge they were beast..Wish he still had them got a lot of rock to move.

glen

surfer-joe

Wow! For it's age, that's one clean machine.

I ran one for a few minutes one day just to try it out. Passed it over for a Cat.

Where at in KS is that? I spent the fall down there hauling silage. Looks to be about the Ulysses area?