• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

any one heard of a fox 412-4 ? its a skip loader, built by fox?

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
There's a thread on her about skip loaders, and the name Fox is used. I have no idea how to bring it up. It's from 2009. To me, a skip loader is an underground loader. From the pictures on the thread, it looks like an industrial tractor with a box blade.

mclean

Here's what it looks like. A low clearance, med weight tractor, cat engine, with integrated loader, Gannon 3 point and box.
IMG_20220305_112607849.jpg IMG_20220305_112540685.jpg

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Only thing I have found online about this tractor, are a couple for sale. It is called a "Caterpillar Fox 412-4HP". Can not find anything else about it.
Jeff

mclean

details on cat skiploader

Couple of details on the Fox skiploader mentioned--it wasn't a Cat 416, but it shared some of the same components. The engine, axles, and transmission were common to the Cat 416, but the rest of it was unique to Fox. The 3 point hitch and the box blade were Gannon. It was peddled pretty much as if it were all Cat, and some dealers took the Fox decals off. For all the "Cat Components", most of the 416's components aren't quite pure cat--the engine is Perkins (Perkipillar, now), the transmission is Turner (now maybe owned by cat?), the rear axle is New Holland, and the front axle is ZF. I think they have since moved on to Carrarro axles, though. Fox is unfortunately gone.

This is most detail I can find on entire internet. Really weird. So used to millions of pages of results on everything.

Thanks for the responses everyone.