• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anybody pull 2 scrapers behind a tractor?

Monford

I run a quadtrack with an 18 yard scraper and the guy I work for wants to put another scraper behind it. I know it can be done but how the heck can you see what 's going in with the back pan? Thanks in advance.

Monford

Deas Plant

Only two scrapers???????????

Hi, Monford.
Only two scrapers?????????? I have seen some photos of tractors pulling three. And yes, it is a problem seeing what is going on back there. You'd have a better view from a quad-track than from most wheeled tractors or conventional crawlers

Maybe you need one of these. A Cat triple 657. Too late. there was only ever one of them made, modified by Buster Peterson of Peterson Engineering in Calif. and it was eventually converted into two doubles by purchasing a fourth 657.

You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

Attachments

• Cat Triple 657 scraper_C1As.JPG
    Cat Triple 657 scraper_C1As.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 3,377
  • Cat Triple 657 scraper_1s.JPG
    Cat Triple 657 scraper_1s.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 4,786

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Wow I don't even like runing 1 scraper let alone 3. Lets see can you roll 3 scrapers at once? I could find away.:rolleyes:

9420pullpan

pull pans

i have around 3000 hrs on them and the trick is when you are turning into your cut, set your apron up. set it like 6-8 inches and lower all the bowls so they are just above the ground like 4 inches. so when you enter the cut you know where each of your bowls are set. that way when the 1st-2nd- are full you know exactly where that 3rd one is... 4 miskins.jpeg

dhl baustelle006.jpg

dhl baustelle012.jpg

Dsc02199.jpg

bho_auto.jpg

Deas Plant

Well Monford, there's your answer.

Hi, Monford.
Well, I guess you have your answer - not only two but even three and four pans behind one tractor. And how to do it.

Thanks for the extra photos, Fellers.

You all have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant.

jamesbrokman

i have run jd 9520's with dual pans and the bell's with dual pans and they work great, i wouldnt want to be on any hills with a 3rd pan with the jd's wouldnt be able to get up them very easy, 2 pans max

02Dmax

dang, 4 bowls. we don't have a spot big enough to turn that thing around in, let alone make a cut

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums 02Dmax! :drinkup

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
if those scrapers were water tight and had squeegee cutting edges they could be working on I-5 just south of Olympia, WA.

Bwing96

Tractors and pans

I have pulled doubles behind farm tractors leveling land for years and it's really pretty easy. Been several years now since I had any seat time but I'm sure it would come back to me.

TGT

All in the feel!!

We have 3 bowl scrapers. A 14yard Scoop All behind and JD8320 which I really like. We have just started pulling 2 18 yard Ashlands behind are JD8970. When loading the second pan its all done by feel, and listening to the tractor. It can be hard plus that 8970 is not the way to go. Plenty of hp but only being to operate in two gears sucks!! hoping to uprade to a 9520 soon.