• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone haul hazmat in intermediate bulk containers?

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Anyone familiar with ICB container retest and inspection requirements as per the DOT/UN 49 CFR 180.352 regs? I have a customer that asked if I could perform the required 5 year inspections. The procedure is clear and straightforward. I see no problem with the external, internal and leakage test. The documentation looks easy enough. I figure it would take about 1 hour per tote at first and after getting a good work flow in place, maybe 1/2 hour per tote.

This particular customer has 330 gallon, stainless totes which they transport methanol in. The totes have already been cleaned. The work will be done at their facility so I don't have to haul them.

My question is what the going rate in the lower 48 is for such service? A quick search of the inter webs didn't reveal much. I don't think anyone in Alaska offers this service.

I know, strange question. But, there is such a diverse and talented group of folks in this forum, someone might be familiar.