• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone have a 966B Parts book to look up some filter numbers?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Or an ancient copy of One Safe Source that shows filter used in a 966B?

Another person has private messaged me asking for information on hydraulic filters.

I'm thinking the filter would be the same as a 966C which uses 2 of the 4J6064 new number 1R0741 but not sure if the "B"s used one or two elements.

Also trying to be sure of the seals, gaskets and orings for the cover to install the filter(s).

SIS has been of no help for this machine a 57H232 which I believe is the same or very close to a 75A1468 machine

ferrret3238

I have a parts book for a 966b I believe. Ill look in the morning. What filters are you looking for? The D333 I took out and replaced with the 3306 had two canister style filters on the side of the block. There's also a single canister style filter between the battery's and the engine I think for hydraulics.

kshansen

Occupation
The one I was looking for information on was the hydraulic filter that is inside the hydraulic tank. Any chance you could scan the pages that show that? Also what serial numbers does your parts book show on the front cover or first page of the book?

ferrret3238

Here is the pages from the parts book I have.

Attachments

• Oil filter 1.pdf
    290.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 966 parts manual.pdf
    193.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Oil filter 2.pdf
    168 KB · Views: 3

kshansen

Occupation
Thanks for the scans! Just checked through the notes I made of what I had told the guy and all the numbers I gave him agree with what your book shows so he should be good to go!