• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone have experience with these?

FSERVICE

it looks good as my reelcraft & ALOT cheaper. i think i would try it. if you do get one let us know how it does.

hootsmcgoots

Occupation
HE Parts, Service, & Sales
I've had mine for about a month and it seems to work really well. A lot of old timers say that the coiled wire on the spool will create a magnetic field and cause problems. I don't think I really weld enough to have that problem. A step here, piece of sheet metal there, etc.:usa

stinkycat

Occupation
retired, disabled vet
On the old MG welders when using carbon arc rods and the welding cables were coiled up on a hook every time you would strike a arc the cable coils would try expand to a circle.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
Leaving leads coiled causes unnecessary EMF, go to a steel mill and watch the leads when they drop the electrode in the pot. However, I doubt that using the leads like most do, will cause that much extra energy loss. Your electric bill might climb $20.00 max over a month here in the NW worse case scenario. I like the storage idea, but when welding I still want all the lead on the ground for mobility. Just a personal preference...