• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone know what brand of lug crimper this is?

rezervedsteel

Hi all, curious if anyone knew who the manufacturer of this battery lug cable crimper is by chance.

I've been able to find nothing on it. I'd like to aquire dies for it and give her a rip but don't know who makes it unfortunately.

Thanks for any insight or guidance in advance much appreciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129_203425_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_203425_eBay.jpg
    776.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20240129_203416_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_203416_eBay.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 51

Welder Dave

I'd do some searching under cable crimpers on Google. It's made in USA so is likely a known brand name like Grote or someone else who supplies cable or specialty tools.

rezervedsteel

Definitely have. Its how i ended up on this forum actually haha. Looked up the serial number or model number...nothing. Thanks for the response I'll definitely keep trying

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
It's made in the city of Usa, China! It's odd how it's exactly the same unit as this one, that IS marked "Made in China"! :cool:

Welder Dave

We already know what it is. It has a sticker the Chinese one doesn't. I saw an identical one on the EZred website. I wonder if the Chinese one could be an economy model or something or production was moved to China?

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Its Usa, Japan. The city dates to 1889, per wiki.
Had a teacher in high school Mr. Visone, was a WW2 vet and used to rant about anything made in Usa Japan aimed at tricking American public into buying "damn Jap junk." Was a good way to sidetrack the lesson of the day by just mentioning.

rezervedsteel

Thanks for the help. I was worried I jumped into some garbage by not researching the item very well before hand. 50 bucks doesn't seem so bad for old school American to me.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
50 bucks doesn't seem so bad for old school American to me
Well, it might be old school American design - but it's made in China, not the U.S. A vast amount of "old school" designs are now made in Asia, the patents are long expired.

Welder Dave

Yes, it looks like a very good crimper. It's a bonus it doesn't need dies and is adjustable for different sizes. I think I saw it for $342 new.