• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Anyone using Harley Rakes to grade existing driveways?

texascadillac42

I just bought a used Harley rake (6ft) for my skidsteer. Bought it because the price was right, but I do have a few gravel driveways that need to be graded. They have been neglected for years and now have some serious potholes in them. Anybody using theirs for gravel drives? Or mostly sticking to dirt with them?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I just bought a used Harley rake (6ft) for my skidsteer. Bought it because the price was right, but I do have a few gravel driveways that need to be graded. They have been neglected for years and now have some serious potholes in them. Anybody using theirs for gravel drives? Or mostly sticking to dirt with them?

The only issue I could see is if the Harley rake would separate the gravel and the fines leaving you a pile of "bones" at the end of your run with the Harley.

DigDug

I have used them on gravel driveways and it works great to if your driveway has a good coat of small crush gravel on top. If your driveway has alot of large cobble size rocks ,it will make some piles at end like ksss said. doug

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
I've used mine for dressing driveways and it works great!! I used item 4 to top dress a driveway and graded it with the Harley. When I was done you'd have thought it was put down with a paver.