• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

AR 400 wear plates

wilddanz71

the bucket on my 120ex needs some new wear plates welded on. Wear can I buy ar 400 wear strips already cut the correct width? Is that even posible, or do you have to buy a whole sheet? If any one has a online source I would realy apreciate it!!!
thanks DAN

JDOFMEMI

I am clear accross the country from you, but we have 3 really good suppliers for that kind of stuff:

Cutting Edge Supply

Steel Unlimited

Manganol Sales

Any of them should be able to help you out.

tripletree

ford steel

I would try and call ford steel they build pre cut sizes. one might fit yours. I have used there chocky bars in the past with very good results. The chocky bars have a hard white iron bonded to a mild steel so it is easy to weld on.
there phone number is 1-800-325-4012. There web site seems to be down right now but if you look up ford steel wearalloy you can see there products

wolf44

I emailed them today, and they got right back to me. They can sell me 8 peices 1/2" x 3" x 30" including shiping for about $280. how does that sound?
also how many wear srtips do most 30" buckets have?

sounds REAL HIGH call a steel service center. In Atlanta that would be about $150