• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ARTICLATING TRUCKS looking at buying need info

EARTHWORM

looking at cat d25d , d30d and e 250 the big thing to me is trany in them the d25 d30 are $ 8000 the e 250 are $ 15000 witch is a better truck is best im not looing to put a lot of hours on it just need it for a job thanks ew

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Do you just have to buy a Cat. The Volvo articulated trucks have always had Cat beat in design, performance, and reliability. I would suggest a Volvo A25.

CDUB

I've got a d25d and a d300b. The d25 is really nimble and has been very reliable. A couple of drawbacks are that the top speed is considerably slower than the d300 and carry back seems to hurt the capacity more. It also seems to be a little less stable than the 6 wheel design. But all of that considered, I think the cheaper price of the d25 is worth it's shortcomings, especially for a low use machine.