• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Aux. hydraulic power from service truck?

3rdGenDslWrench

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
Has anybody ever Tee'd into the hydraulic system from the PTO from their service truck to power say a hyd. ram?
I've got a bushing job coming up and I found the hollow ram but no pump. I searched all over my shop for 2 hours and couldnt find it anywhere. So I got to thinking......I've got hyd power on my truck. All I'd really have to do is tee into the pressure side and return side from the lines the run the crane.
Better yet I was thinking maybe make up a set of lines that run off of one of the valve banks for an outrigger cylinder to the hollow ram.
Just out of curiosity has anybody else ever done anything like this before?

cutting edge

I have quick couplers tee'd into the winch motor lines on my crane and 2 30 foot hoses that i use for this very reason. I control it with the crane remote...slicker than deer guts no a doorknob.

3rdGenDslWrench

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic/ Truck Mechanic/Aut
I I didnt even think about that cutting edge! That is one hell of an idea though. I've got a 10006H Nexstar Auto crane so im not sure how it would work out. It's a wireless set up and it runs through a computer.

pruet

I don't think you would get enough pressure doing that most cly for pulling run 10,000 psi

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
They was a boy years back below the mountian from me he had a triple bank plumped ....it worked sweet ..just like havein auxillaries on a tractor ...

I can remember plumpin a pto shaft to a customers road tractor for runnin some kinda blower ..He pulled tankers ..

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
We had a fuel and lube truck at one time that used hydraulics to drive a big Quincy compressor. We teed into that to run all kinds of hydraulics.