• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

auxiliary hydraulics flow control

redlaker1

I was wondering if anyone has any experience adjusting the flow to their aux hydraulics on a takeuchi mini excavator. I havent looked at the valve bank yet, but I have been searching in the manual to no avail. I installed a thumb and it is way too fast cant be used at that speed. just wondering if anyone has a quick solution.
until then I will keep looking through the manual.

there are little gate valves on the boom, but I think they are just shut off valves

thanks in advance

74inchShovel

On my TB 135 there are factory ball valves on the boom, thumb speed is determined by how far they are open. They work well, never lose adjustment.

stpat7

On the Takeuchi 135 do you have to activate or turn on the auxiliary hydraulics? I just installed a thumb and don't have any pressure to the stop valves.

stpat7

Does anyone know of a good substitute part for the stop valves on a Takeuchi 135? I have searched for the Takeuchi part number to no avail, (P/N 190 1719800), or source for a used one, any help appreciated.

dbs

I have a similar but opposite problem. I have a Takeuchi tb53fr. I am trying to increase the auxiliary flow in order to run a hammer. My flow is 15gallons/min. I'm trying to get it to 25gallons/min. Later models of this machine the tb153fr had the 25gallons/min. With the same two pumps. A main piston pump with 55liters/min and a gear pump with 38liters/min. The engines are also nearly identical. Apparently the later model combines the output of the two pumps to get 25gallons/min. The hydraulic diagram in the tb153fr shop manual does not show this possibly because the high flow was an option. Currently on my machine only the main(piston) pump feeds the auxiliary hydraulic line. Does anyone know if it would be safe to plump the output of the gear pump into the stack of spools fed by the piston pump via a selenoid diverter valve that would be on a separate switch that would only be activated when the hammer was used. At those times the other functions would only see minimal use as their speed of action would be greatly increased with the extra flow. Thanks for any advice, I have not been able to get a response from Takeuchi and the local hydraulic shops show little interest in trying to solve this problem.