• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Average age on the forum

Average age on the forum

• 1-10

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 62 7.6%
  • 21-30

Votes: 225 27.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 196 24.1%
  • 41-50

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 138 17.0%
  • 61+

Votes: 50 6.2%

• Total voters

Demo_Andy

Occupation
Demolition Machine operator
I'm 23 but feel like an old man!

I've grown up way too quick.

insleyboy

Occupation
Operator 25 years, was laborer for 7 years
I'm 48, had a close call at 40 with a bridge collapse during demolition. Got thru that one and all I can recall is I dug a fellow out of a collapsed trench in 1975 when I was just a kid. I knew nothing about digging, just jumped on the machine; Cause I knew I HAD to get him out! I was 15 then...he is still alive today. We are forever linked and I made a life decision I think based on that accident!

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I'm 48, had a close call at 40 with a bridge collapse during demolition. Got thru that one and all I can recall is I dug a fellow out of a collapsed trench in 1975 when I was just a kid. I knew nothing about digging, just jumped on the machine; Cause I knew I HAD to get him out! I was 15 then...he is still alive today. We are forever linked and I made a life decision I think based on that accident!

Wow, that sort of puts things into perspective. :salute

skidrowe

Just turned 50, scrapers kick my butt when I'm in a hurry but bobcats seem to hurt the worst, ten hour days are all I got left in me these days . I have breathed so much dust in my days instead of blood in my veins I have mud .

RDG

Occupation
Multi skilled plant operator for 40+yrs
Turn 58 in Sept been a plant operator since I left school, still enjoy it, originally from NZ but doin it in sunny QLD for the last 14yrs.

glsahl

Charter Member
Occupation
equip.mngr/mechanic
43,feel 18,figure in a second marriage of 15 years,5 kids(oldest 25,youngest 7),and 25 years in the desert sun,i could pass for 60.

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
im only 15 but ive already operated a ton of equipment and my life pretty much revolves around it. im not saying im not a normal kid or anything because i like to do normal stuff to but i would rather go to a construction site or yard than sit at home and play video games. i like being outside i cant stand to sit around all day.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
AS OLD AS ME HAIR AND OLDER THEN ME FEW TEETH . or two score and three

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
I'm Feeling Old

I'm 39 and Holding.

I got 31 Years of Experiance Though.:D