• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ax Men

gasfield315c

Occupation
build gaswell locations in the steeper than a mule
amen, i watch swamp loggers every week, even the rerun from the week before that comes on before the new episode. But i like axe men too, i want to see who is gonna get the new greenhorn position at ryggard

Justin

Occupation
owner operator
Did anyone watch moder marvels after axmen on wed. it was great for all the logging histrory and equipment it showed. Kind of had a greenie undertone though

ben2helinback

This Show is a Joke, and in no way portrays the industry for what it is really like !!!

Too much Manufactured Drama, which is obvious from the beginning. Look closely....
.... ever wonder how/why the camera men always seem to be in the perfect spot to catch the action then cut to a different angle to put the scene together. I guarantee that everything that makes it past the cutting room floor is scripted.

I would much rather watch this show if they would cut the b.s. and just film the guys while they work so that we could see it from the loggers perspective rather than from the director of photography's perspective. "Reality T.V." My Ass !!! Too much "T.V."
And not enough "Reality" if you ask me. I have no interest for scripted shows that are being portrayed as "Reality" . This should not be on the History Channel but instead should be on A&E where it belongs. The History channel is starting to lose me (Once my Favorite) but I'm finding myself watching the National Geographic Channel more and more !!! Just my 2 Cents

barklee

I agree, watched this from the first episode and its getting out of hand. They used to show what its like for these guys day to day and how they really adapt and get things done. Now its all about egos.
I was wathcing a rerun the other night and it made me sick. It was where the younger Rygard owner went nuts on the greenhorns for safety gear. He made his point but couldnt just stop there. He absolutley humiliated those guys and ultimatley himself. I have never seen a grown man in his position talk to anybody like that and not end up missing some teeth. It was on and on, at one point i thought the guy was going to cry. The dude needs to leave the acting to the ACTORS!!! What a baby, grow up pal

Mack185

This Show is a Joke, and in no way portrays the industry for what it is really like !!!

Too much Manufactured Drama, which is obvious from the beginning. Look closely....
.... ever wonder how/why the camera men always seem to be in the perfect spot to catch the action then cut to a different angle to put the scene together. I guarantee that everything that makes it past the cutting room floor is scripted.

I would much rather watch this show if they would cut the b.s. and just film the guys while they work so that we could see it from the loggers perspective rather than from the director of photography's perspective. "Reality T.V." My Ass !!! Too much "T.V."
And not enough "Reality" if you ask me. I have no interest for scripted shows that are being portrayed as "Reality" . This should not be on the History Channel but instead should be on A&E where it belongs. The History channel is starting to lose me (Once my Favorite) but I'm finding myself watching the National Geographic Channel more and more !!! Just my 2 Cents

I'm no logger but I do agree that the show sucks. Swamp loggers and American loggers put it to shame in my opinion.

Heavyduty

I agree, watched this from the first episode and its getting out of hand. They used to show what its like for these guys day to day and how they really adapt and get things done. Now its all about egos.
I was wathcing a rerun the other night and it made me sick. It was where the younger Rygard owner went nuts on the greenhorns for safety gear. He made his point but couldnt just stop there. He absolutley humiliated those guys and ultimatley himself. I have never seen a grown man in his position talk to anybody like that and not end up missing some teeth. It was on and on, at one point i thought the guy was going to cry. The dude needs to leave the acting to the ACTORS!!! What a baby, grow up pal

The first season was pretty good. Now, its all about the ratings and drama.:bash

LonestarCobra

All shows are about the ratings....

....I just wish they would leave out the Scripted drama:(

It's Phony and it detracts from the shows credibility.

I figured that. I never have logged, but that show "Black Gold" was so far off scale of what a drilling rig is really about that I couldnt watch it for five minutes before changing channels.

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
The Green Machine

Not sure if anyone cares, but heres the original (1971) sales brochure for the yarder Gabe Rygaard is using. Old and slow.

Attachments

• 2-19-2010 7;06;04 PM.jpg
    2-19-2010 7;06;04 PM.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3,249

sandnsnow

Occupation
adult babysitter
Contract logger keep up the good work. I really enjoy seeing all the equipment picts. Reminds me of when I was a kid growing up in Northern Cal. and watching some of that equipment work. Now that im in North Idaho I have to use some of it.:eek:

I like ax men but swamp loggers has to be the best of them all. I can releate to them, where there is too much drama in ax men. American loggers is a good show in small doses. Just my two cents.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I met a logger one time that was logging a job I worked on. He had a wad of scrs on his chest. I asked what happened, He told me never cuss a man with a chainsaw in his hands lol.

Contract what was the bas tractor for the yarder you pictured. Is it a Terex? I thought it may have been an AC but the final drives throw it off.

QuickTrax

All shows are about the ratings....

....I just wish they would leave out the Scripted drama:(

It's Phony and it detracts from the shows credibility.

I have been watching Axmen since the first episode. I haven't watched every episode but probably 90% of them. In the beginning it seemed it was real situations and recently it has become a joke. I hate to see them ruin a good show by scripting different shinanigans into it. I have lost respect for Gabe Rygaard because of the way he treats his greenhorns. Greenhorns are going to make mistakes and they have to learn from them. No one is going to know everything starting off. One way not to teach them is by cussing at them and treating them the way he does. I think he is a pathetic excuse for a boss. I would never talk to an employee the way he talks to his. I feel like he has probably rode his Dads coat tails to even get in his position. I am not even going to comment on Jimmy and his aqua logging. I think JM Browning has a descent company and he seems to be a better person to work for.
All of you boys who want to see a real company needs to change channels and watch Goodsons All Terrain Logging. Now thats a good crew and a good boss. All of the "So called" Axmen need to watch Bobby Goodson and take some notes!!!
Thanks for letting me share.
Quicktrax

Contract Logger

Occupation
Equipment Broker
I met a logger one time that was logging a job I worked on. He had a wad of scrs on his chest. I asked what happened, He told me never cuss a man with a chainsaw in his hands lol.

Contract what was the bas tractor for the yarder you pictured. Is it a Terex? I thought it may have been an AC but the final drives throw it off.

Euclid C6's, then Terex 82-30's. Got around a heck of alot better than the tank bottomed machines.

JoeinTX

I would never talk to an employee the way he talks to his. I feel like he has probably rode his Dads coat tails to even get in his position. I am not even going to comment on Jimmy and his aqua logging. I think JM Browning has a descent company and he seems to be a better person to work for.

Pretty much agree with the consensus here. First season was interesting. Since...........scripted hi-jinks and BS. The aqua loggers, sheez, sometimes it hard to tell who the father is and who the son is. Jimmy needs his arse kicked up between his shoulder blades for being an abject moron about 75% of the time. Dangerous, Mickey Mouse-operation he has going on there.

Watch Swamp Loggers and American Loggers and they are refreshingly realistic and un-manufactured in comparison. As LoneStar mentioned above, if you've watched "Black Gold" don't buy too much into it...........a WHOLE LOT of faked-up high school drama and ridiculous baloney in that one too.

DigDug

I was just recently found American Loggers and I find the differences in logging very interesting. Very cool show.

Ha. I find it interesting to see how you guys do it out on the west coast. My family is in the logging business here and I have never seen any of those yarder rigs until a year ago watching Ax Men. They are pretty cool. doug

tonka

Occupation
Equipment Operator
'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog

'Ax Men' star's daughter mauled to death by dog

by Associated Press

Posted on March 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM

ASTORIA, Ore. - Oregon authorities say the 4-year-old daughter of a reality TV show star was mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin says Ashlynn Anderson's mother found her badly injured on their lawn in Astoria on Sunday. Ashlynn is the daughter of Jesse Browning, who stars with his father on The History Channel's show about the logging industry called "Ax Men."

She was flown to a Portland hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.

The attack happened four years (TV says months) to the day after officers had taken a Rottweiler from the same home after it bit an adult family member. The two Rottweilers at the Browning home have been quarantined.

Another sad dose of real life has hit the family of a reality TV star.

The 4-year-old daughter of Ax Men slinger Jesse Browning has been mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Ashlynn Anderson's body was discovered by her mother outside on the lawn Sunday, according to officials in Astoria, Ore., where the family resides.

"Apparently, the dog just snapped," says Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin. "We have detectives working on investigating [what set the dog off]...We are going to give the family a day or two to grieve before we interview them."

Browning called 911 and the girl was airlifted to a Portland hospital, but pronounced dead on arrival.

There was no immediate comment from the History Channel, which airs the popular lumberjack series.

Bergin says the attack came four months to the day after deputies removed a Rottweiler from the premises after it attacked an adult family member; that animal was euthanized. The Brownings' two other Rottweilers have been quarantined at a shelter and are awaiting their fate.

"It's from my understanding...only one of the dogs was involved in the attack but both dogs were seized by animal control services," said Alan Oja, assistant chief of the Astoria Police Department, which received the initial dispatch.

"It's a terrible tragedy."

(Originally published March, 1, 2010, at 2:18 p.m. PT)
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/deta...#ixzz0gzNy9ze2

Another sad dose of real life has hit the family of a reality TV star.

The 4-year-old daughter of Ax Men slinger Jesse Browning has been mauled to death by the family's Rottweiler.

Ashlynn Anderson's body was discovered by her mother outside on the lawn Sunday, according to officials in Astoria, Ore., where the family resides.

"Apparently, the dog just snapped," says Clatsop County Sheriff Tom Bergin. "We have detectives working on investigating [what set the dog off]...We are going to give the family a day or two to grieve before we interview them."

Browning called 911 and the girl was airlifted to a Portland hospital, but pronounced dead on arrival.

There was no immediate comment from the History Channel, which airs the popular lumberjack series.

Bergin says the attack came four months to the day after deputies removed a Rottweiler from the premises after it attacked an adult family member; that animal was euthanized. The Brownings' two other Rottweilers have been quarantined at a shelter and are awaiting their fate.

"It's from my understanding...only one of the dogs was involved in the attack but both dogs were seized by animal control services," said Alan Oja, assistant chief of the Astoria Police Department, which received the initial dispatch.

"It's a terrible tragedy."

(Originally published March, 1, 2010, at 2:18 p.m. PT)

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/deta...#ixzz0gzNy9ze2