• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

backhoe bucket teeth

petepilot

20211106_135307.jpg am looking for teeth for a case built backhoe likely from late 60s to early 70s . these have vertical pin holes and use a flex pin . can`t find any number on them. this hoe is bigger than a 580 from that time frame. all that seems to show up on internet are horizontal pinned. anyone have an idea where to find these things. 24" bucket.best pic i have at the moment

Last edited:

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I've had 5 backhoes, three Case, two John Deere dating from 1974 to 2014, same teeth, same flex pins. All horizontal pins. One had a Hensley cutting edge.

NH575E

Occupation
Retired Machinist
Sounds like you need to pull one and get some measurements. Maybe call the Case dealer?

JLarson

Occupation
Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
Sounds Hensley style kinda, find a local GET supplier and take a tooth in there and show them and they should be able to come up with a match.

Tinkerer

At least the ones in NH575E's link gives the inside dimensions in the product description.
The shipping charges are not cheap. Ya gotta be sure they fit your shank.
I'm sure you know that petepilot.
But some newcomers reading this and are new to the backhoe scene may not think of that.

petepilot

At least the ones in NH575E's link gives the inside dimensions in the product description.
The shipping charges are not cheap. Ya gotta be sure they fit your shank.
I'm sure you know that petepilot.
But some newcomers reading this and are new to the backhoe scene may not think of that.
Im well aware of replacements fitting shank .this is an oddball perhaps reason they have not been replaced.i have bounced a 14lb sledge off these things several times cant even shake em

skyking1

I know it is not fun, but it might be the case where you scarf them off and replace the shanks and teeth, just to get some easy to find teeth.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Does look similar to ESCO Conical teeth, although I'm still not certain about that. What I typically do with teeth is to scarf away the portion of the tooth on the back side of the retainer pin, then beat the hell out of the tooth until it shakes loose. Once the tooth is off then I go for pin removal. https://www.hltooth.com/product /18lp/

Swetz

Occupation
Electric & Gas Company
when I was recently in search of teeth for my machine, I called and talked to the people at H&L (willie59's link) and talked to them. They were very knowledgeable and got me hooked up in no time. I would give them a call and see if you get what you need. H&L sells on ebay. That is where I purchased mine after calling them.