• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Backhoe hourly rates - What are you charging?

Woody255

Hi fella's,

I am new to the forum, but been around machines for a while. I have a small business on the side, focusing on general skid steer work (landscaping, post hole drilling, land clearing and snow plowing etc) in Northern Ontario, Canada. My usual skid steer rates are $75hr with the operator (me), regardless of the attachment. I think this is very fair, compared to most others. I am thinking the backhoe rate should be slightly more, perhaps in the $90-110/hr range

I looked around for some time and just bought a Case 580L to expand my business a bit. I am curious as to what the contractors on this site are charging for similar backhoes and also for skid steers?

Thanks for any input. Take care and be safe.