• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bad day crossing a river

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Talk about a bad day!:Banghead

I hope that logging company had enough sense to drain the fluids out of the skidder and check things over before the operator had to "get it started and get to hauling wood".

nedly05

I watched that video the other night, pretty impressive to see that crane lift the 330 like nothing.

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Those numb nuts, they should have brought the crane in first to get the skidder out!

Pardon the "numb nuts" pun with all the cold weather there!!!!!

02Dmax

ya they look stupid now but.........I know myself and several other contractors that would've sunk every piece of equipment we had to try and get that skidder out before calling a crane like that. You can afford to change alot of fluids before paying for that crane. With that said........the crane was the best/safest recovery machine

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
X2 but trying to use a 330 to get a skider out of a frozen river is asking a bit much especially the way they where going at it.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
It's easy to second guess now that it's over and done with, (but I'm going to do it anyway.)

Who in their right mind would put a tracked excavator on an icy bridge and try to work over the side of it? Haven't we discussed the hazards of working with your tracks parallel to the ditch? Why would a skinny little icy bridge be any safer?