• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bad Day!

Muffler Bearing

Occupation
Truck Mechanic
I saw this guy on the side of the road and thought to myself,..."now that would just SUCK"

Attachments

• noname.jpeg
    noname.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 845

carogator

Somebody wasn't doing their daily inspections properly.
Looks like what happens with elongated frames without the proper plating.

maddog

"Is the trailer full yet?" "Nope not yet keep going." Is it full yet?" "Nope not yet, place the heaviest stuff in the front." "OH %&^%&% &*&* *&%^$$ *#@^%$ STOP LOADING IT'S FULL!!!!"

tootalltimmy

I was hauling drilling mud to the oil and gas rigs in Fort Nelson B.C. One job was to unload a tandem van that was full with bags of various kinds of drilling mud and was stranded on a bush road.

The trailer was overloaded x3 and most of the weight was on the rear.
They had managed to drag it halfway to the new drilling location but were stuck after 6 of 8 rear tires were blown!

People do some really stupid things!

amtronic

It looks more like he went thru a ditch and the momentum of the trailer bent the frame. It happened in a good spot - chop out two feet, splice in, fishplate and good to go.

buffaloman

I used to work in a Freightliner dealership and had a cabover come in with a very simular problem. Both frame rails were nearly severed, with only an inch or so of metal holding them together at the top. It looked like stress cracks started at the bolt holes for a crossmember and just continued to grow.
I would blame over loading, rough roads, and old stressed steel. Of course a good pre-trip insection should have caught this sooner.
The shop forman said that frame rails on a truck move just like bending a wire back and forth to get it to break. After so many times being flexed too far it is going to break!