• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Basement help

dirt 101

I've got to agree with bigbob loam is to expensive to waste, if we're not going to screen
it on site to use then it's back hauled to the pit screened there and sold.

As far as basements go our offsets are 5 or 6 feet, room enough for the concrete crew but not so far that they cant reach the forms with a Crete truck. Most foundations now have ether a walkout or garage door, so you need a frost wall.

As soon as the walls are stripped and water poured we're back to install footing drains and radon piping. Once it's inspected we'll backfill, usually 3 to 4 days after it was poured, builders hate to wait.

We have one builder who would move us in at 7 o'clock and tell the cement crew to be there at 12 . Footings poured by 4 o'clock and walls done the next day, lumber and carpenters in 2 days.

bigbob

I can rember a few years ago waiting a month for a foundation sub, now they stand there and watch you dig! I had to put a crew of carpenters off so I could backfill a barn foundation, carpenters cannot stand to see concrete without wood on it! We need time to do our part first. I work in one town where there is 5 inspections on the foundation, he needs to inspect air between the footing boards!