• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

basement water

poulson01

We tv test when we see something like this. It saves us from digging the whole thing up without cause. I did one last year that sounds a lot like what you have. A big tree out by the road, got ahold of the clay pipe and shoved a hundred little roots through a joint. It clogged and broke the sewer lateral at the same time. We are the last town around here to OK SDR35. It's pretty standard.

By the way. What do you guys mean by "tile"?

greywynd

By the way. What do you guys mean by "tile"?

Clay pipe around here is often referred to as clay 'tile' because it is often used in drain systems such as footing drains, and septic 'tilebeds'. I know a lot of it was used in the 60's and into the early 70's around here, then plastic started taking over. (Though I would hazard a guess it was around long before the 60's, I really haven't ran into a lot of it with older places.) I do know of a couple farms that were tile drained with clay tiles in the 50's, one of the farmers years ago showed me the sketches he had showing the tile locations.

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
:) We have a solution. Digger242j nailed it i feel. The sewer dept. came out this morn. and the water was all the way up to street level. After a flush the water was still running ( now 6 feet below ground level) to the street. After a shower and 2 loads of laundry...... No water and in fact is receding in the basement.

A rare occurance for me to s:beerchug solve a homeowner problem with no money and really very little effort.

Thanks to all and to all a good day.:notworthy
Go Bears. Go Cubs. Go Celtics.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
:) We have a solution. Digger242j nailed it i feel. The sewer dept. came out this morn. and the water was all the way up to street level. After a flush the water was still running ( now 6 feet below ground level) to the street. After a shower and 2 loads of laundry...... No water and in fact is receding in the basement.

A rare occurance for me to s:beerchug solve a homeowner problem with no money and really very little effort.

Thanks to all and to all a good day.:notworthy
Go Bears. Go Cubs. Go Celtics.

I'm surprised you didn't Citrol it.:D You really got lucky here big time.

salesrep

Occupation
Sales Rep
"I'm surprised you didn't Citrol it. You really got lucky here big time."
I sure did.
Tried penetro90 to "loosen" the leak...did not work:beatsme :laugh