• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BC logging equipment left to rust

skadill

Trailer yarder

A Euclid truck that pulled this Tyee trailer mounted Yarder around

Attachments

• img290.jpg
    img290.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 806
  • img292.jpg
    img292.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 811
  • img291.jpg
    img291.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 807

farmIT

Thanks To all that have posted this is some great photos. sad but great. Just anted everyone to know we appreciate it!

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
So if that old White can't stay in sight, then I ain't gonna say no more.

Now hold on, Mister White Knight. You can talk about my family or my religion, but don't be talkin' about my truck!

Name that tune. :D
How in the hell can the old folks tell it ain't gonna rain no more?
Ron G

skadill

Skagit Log Loader

Rubber Tire mounted Skagit.Have seen SJ4's on same looking carrier

Attachments

• dscn0945.jpg
    dscn0945.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 767
  • dscn0946.jpg
    dscn0946.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 769
  • dscn0947.jpg
    dscn0947.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 780

HDX

075 Driver on H152 was Brian Peters from Duncan. He got her after rebuild down at Hayes forest shop back in 2004-05. When he could he came over to the Franklin crew when IPL took over the bill 13 cut Hayes retained, Brian was really good driver and for the most part tried to look after 152, He was pretty well the last driver on her. He quit before the end came and for the most part she was left parked and not used. If memory serves me right she needs cab work. Would be easier to remove the cab and install a newer style one on her when time and dollars allow it. A good number of them around sitting on pallets. I will give you a call one evening OK

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
Took a hike into an abandon Skidder on Sunday here are a couple of pictures of it . IMG_050.jpgIMG_051.jpgIMG_052.jpgIMG_053.jpg1st ones are of an old "Speeder" that was used to store extra rigging .

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I think I walked into that one about 15 years ago. Is the tree still standing?

camptramp

Occupation
Its a pretty tough hike for an old out of shape "Timberbeast" , but we made it . Started with 4 guys , 2 guys headed back about half way in . The Home Spar Tree has collapsed , it looks like the bottom section of Spar gave way , falling towards Skidder . Looks like Square lead Guyline's got hung up in New Growth trees , when Guylines came up tight , top of bottom section of Spar Tree was held in mid air . Bottom kicked forward towards Skidder and top of Spar leaned back . Some sections of top of Spar Tree are also hanging in mid air , from tight Guylines hung up in trees . For safety reasons I didn't venture under 30 - 40 ft. section hanging in mid air . Here are some pictures of Spar Tree .IMG_071.jpgIMG_073.jpgIMG_074.jpgIMG_075.jpgIMG_076.jpg

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Interesting. When my friend and I walked in there it was quite rotten on the base and leaning a bit but still intact. It's definitely a little more grown over than before. I have pictures from back then but they are not on the computer.

Does anyone know what the carcass is that's on the side of Butler Mn about 12m? Was that a yarder or? Went flying by on the bikes Sunday but we didn't stop to look. Last time I drove by years ago I wasn't all that interested in old iron.lol

camptramp

Occupation
More Skidder pictures .IMG_060.jpgIMG_061.jpgIMG_063.jpgIMG_064.jpgIMG_065.jpg The trail is well used for the first part , not sure if its Human or Black Bear . When we started to come across Deactivated Creek crossings and Blown Down Trees and Slides , the trail petered out and the bush got thicker , as it had rained on Saturday , we both got soaking wet .

HDX

Do you have any idea when you guys are going to drag her out to the road and take it to Caycuse or somewhere like that to start the restoration. Too heavy to lift out so I guess it will be a cat recovery show. I am sure Timberwaste would come up with the logs for the sleigh. With all the second growth equipment down your way now you could get her out.

camptramp

Occupation
Do you have any idea when you guys are going to drag her out to the road and take it to Caycuse or somewhere like that to start the restoration. Too heavy to lift out so I guess it will be a cat recovery show. I am sure Timberwaste would come up with the logs for the sleigh. With all the second growth equipment down your way now you could get her out.

I don't know of anybody or group planning to retrieve the Skidder at present . There have been a few old "Timber Beasts" considering it in the pass , but know one has made a serious attempt . We really need a "Leader" and someone with "Connections" to set things up and get it ready to move out of the area it is in . Looking at the size of the Timber , I would say its ready to log , but the terrain is steep . Should logging start in that area and the road was reactivated , a Grapple Yarder and a larger Loader could probably slide the Skidder Winch off the Sleigh and on to a Lowbed ( don't know what it weighs , but the engines are gone and there are no lines on the drums) the first place to take it that comes to mind is the Museum at Lake Cowichan .