• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

BCIII Cummins Rebuild.

Truck Shop

The young man who bought it is from Weiser Id, has another truck with a 855. He asked if
I would rebuild it for him. Plus I ended up with another complete BC III core & possibly
a second BC III core CPL 625. Like I need more.

Truck Shop

Wish I could get a few jobs like that.
Just don't have all the connections I used to have.
I might be ending up with more than I want to do,,,,,,I've had a line on a 79 W900 A model.
With a broken {real bad like} aluminum frame rail, it has a BC III 400 with a 14613. The cab,
hood, grille, bumper are all real straight, the interior is in fairly good condition. Engine has
blow by.
I priced out 2 Grade 8 A656 steel rails {blanks} 26' long $3,500. And I have a frame cutoff
AG 400 on Eaton 3.70 ratio 404's plus a wider Rockwell 961 steer axle available for a real
reasonable price. Wider steer for 385 22.5 steers. And a ST13000 Hendrickson drop axle
all for a reasonable sum. The truck I have a feeling I can snag for under $1,500.
And I already have a guy that wants it. Not that I need a huge job but it keeps me away
setting on my ass looking at HEF threads. I could build a nice 4 axle out of those parts.
Plus it has Ross box power steering.

chidog

I wouldn't want to get involved in whole vehicles don't have the space. And the body isn't what it used to be.
You might do pretty well with that truck deal, but sounds like a full time job.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I would love to get into that here, but have NOT the space. My own 900 should have Single Rails installed to replace the Double Rails. A little MORE WB would be an improvement for adding a Lift Steerable.

Truck Shop

On a good note--the one almost bare block I had {used the cam and crank from it in the
last engine I just sold} is already counter bored for 20x40 lower press fit liners with .020
shims. Plus it was decked and it's in really good shape. I got it out yesterday to check
what I had, finished stripping it, knocked the cam bearings out, steamed it, had a local
guy Bobs Eco Blast come up and blast the rust and crust off the external/outside of block.
Cost $115 bucks-saved me about 7 to 8 hours cleaning. It is a Cummins Recon block,
BCII. Had all the water ports inserted too.