• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

been awhile-small update on 'Callie', the Case 850

carcat

Hi, just to let eveyone know she's still kicking. I got the back cushion rebuilt, with new wood (painted 2 coats), 4" dense foam, and rust-colored vinyl. Looks mush better, and won't come apart when removing it. I wanted visible evidence she was being repaired. Husband put some sealant in hydraulics, and no drips! Don't know what brand he used. She's been sitting for last month or so --- we've had 100+ degree weather here, with heat indexes up to 115 degrees, and little rain. Not conducive to old people working outside! I feel for the people having jobs that require being out in that, believe me! Have a couple lines on a ROPS, but it may be put on hold, as our house a/c is dying. 80 degrees in the house best it can do, and it freezes up inside, so we have to turn it off to thaw. Had a '63 Dodge Dart 2 dr sedan with under dash air that'd do the same thing --- wish I had it back! Enough for now, everyone keep cool! We may also be put on restricted water usage, so my flowers will die. I won't let the green beans and tomatoes in the big pots go, though.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Good to hear from you, Carcat. Drink some water. Stay cool. We reached a sweltering 72F today. The sun stays up and never goes down. It just makes a weird circle around the sky.

carcat

Thanks! Can I guess you're not in Kansas? >grin< Husband and I are going into the attic 1st thing in the morning and put up insulation between two room additions. We'll work until it gets too hot up there. Go get more supplies, if needed, then hit it again Saturday morning. We think the original house attic (old 4-way roof) is feeding heat into the newest part, built in 2005. Need to block it somehow! And it's taking us away from working on Callie!

carcat

running box fan on high 2' from 1 cold air return; husband has gauges for working on our car's a/c, so he checked house. topped off R22 3? weeks ago, may need it again. Can't convert to newest coolant, R410a?. 2.5 ton unit, should be at least 3 ton, since we added 16x24 in 2005. Question---does house a/c count as 'heavy equipment'? LOL!

carcat

We know it can't be converted. Said that in previous post. We thought about the A-coil. Cat hair would be the culprit. Probably can't be cleaned without causing a leak.