• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Berger Manufacturing- Logging Equipment Built in Seattle

BCC Tyee

Thanks for checking. I really appreciate it. If anyone ever runs across some parts or knows were some are, let me know. I wouldn't mind buying a whole parts machine if I could find one for the right price.

OlympicYJ

4azeha2e.jpg

Well this was a gift from one of my logging contractors; they found it on the job. Initially she was froze up but i got her freed up. There was still grease in the grease holes. One ear for the top strap pin is torn and the body has been worn. Thinking about building her up and what not. My question is, what color did berger paint their blocks? Oh and this is an 8-28. Did berger make a full line of blocks or just blocks used on their machines such as a guyline block? I think this is an older block that hung around until this stand was logged in the late 70s and it was so wore out they just left it.

Wes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376154929109.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376154929109.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,275
Last edited:

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Doug Peacock had that machine and logged out in the Estacada/Molalla Oregon areas with it doing long span units for the forest service and BLM.

That is Eastside loggings SP23. (Just down the road from RAD logging) Originally it was brought in to NZ in the early 90's by Sunrise logging "Doug Peacock" It has no ID plate on it , I think it was one of the last ones built. Would one in the USA, know any history on this machine. i.e. Who had it in the USA? I have lots of photos of this machine, the picture of the machine going under the bridge... It is going into a block called "the Island" Big wood, no lift. Hard logging. The other shot of SP23 is in Kawakawa Rd "The RIP Forest" That was quite a good block, good lift...

lg junior

4azeha2e.jpg

Well this was a gift from one of my logging contractors; they found it on the job. Initially she was froze up but i got her freed up. There was still grease in the grease holes. One ear for the top strap pin is torn and the body has been worn. Thinking about building her up and what not. My question is, what color did berger paint their blocks? Oh and this is an 8-28. Did berger make a full line of blocks or just blocks used on their machines such as a guyline block? I think this is an older block that hung around until this stand was logged in the late 70s and it was so wore out they just left it.

Wes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I dug out my old Berger block looking for any remnant of paint and could not find a trace.

Maybe Berger orange would be appropriate?

OlympicYJ

Does anyone know what the color code or paint code would be for Berger orange? I tried matching it at my local Napa that mixes paint but we couldn't get a good match with the pic I had on my phone. Best way they say is with a paint chip. I'm almost thinking I'd have to go somewhere that has even more color options for mixing paint and that just isn't gonna happen. Thirty six bucks for a custom mixed rattle can is a little too pricey.

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Call Bill Paulsen at McPaul Cat & Crane in Centralia. He could tell ya and may even have some.

OlympicYJ

Good point didn't think about that. Maybe when I'm home on Christmas break, just got back to Idaho. The bugger is probably gonna get painted hammerite green while im gone... oh well it all wears off in the end anyways lol It's in pretty rough shape but the old man is gonna weld on er and get the cheek plates squared away. The bearings, shaft, and seals are all good. Thanks for the help!

OlympicYJ

No problem!!
You guys loggers on the harbor?

Well I've spent a lil time out in the brush chasing on a shovel side for a Harbor outfit but I'm a technical forester and finishing up my 4yr forestry degree. I got that block up on Queets ridge from one of the contractors we had working for us. Just a summer forester for now lol Sorry for the late reply. I'm going to shoot you a PM wondering if we know some of the same folks.