• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best laser grading box?

ACCInc

Occupation
Concrete,Site work contractor. Certified Weldor
http://http://www.level-best.com/
I am lookin for a self leveling laser grading system for a CTL. This is the first system I have come across, and it looks to be a good system. I like how it does not integrate into the machine, so it can be switched between machine fairly quickly. What do you guys use and what do you like or not like about this unit. Thanks. It is not cheap either $17500 for a 7' box single mast b

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have a Skid Master Pro from Southern Precision in Florida. I like it. I think Level Best is the most popular.

ACCInc

Occupation
Concrete,Site work contractor. Certified Weldor
I saw the thread just below this one that talks about the very same thing I am asking about. Probably should have searched a little prior to posting.

How do you use yours? Is it finish grading for others, or do you do your own work with it. Mine will be primarily used for my own work, because I am not sure I will be able to market just "fine finish grading". What laser system are you using and what do you like or not like about it.

I have a self leveling lasermark that works great, not sure if it will work with this new system.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I saw the thread just below this one that talks about the very same thing I am asking about. Probably should have searched a little prior to posting.

How do you use yours? Is it finish grading for others, or do you do your own work with it. Mine will be primarily used for my own work, because I am not sure I will be able to market just "fine finish grading". What laser system are you using and what do you like or not like about it.

I do my own or finish grade for others either way. The reality at least for me is this. To justify the expense of the attachment you need to really knock out some SF. So I mostly rely on large box store type slabs. This usually is me finishing for others. Last month a large excavation company was having problems meeting the grade specs of the concrete contractor on a very large warehouse type structure. They called me in to finish the last tenth or so. Thats a lot what I do with it.

I have Apache plus 5 receivers and an Apache CB52 control box, the Skid Master box, Dan Foss Electronic valves attached to a CASE 440 with VTS tracks. This is really not a great attachment for wheeled skid steers. CAT technology division did the install. I have a button on my control handle that controls the auto/manual. I like that set up. You can have additional features that go to the control handles such as raise and lower but the A/M is sufficient for me. I will have to get this all switched over to the new CASE TR320 this Winter. Hopefully that wont be too big of a deal. If you go to my website I have some video of the attachment at work.