• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best match for 40 Ton ADT

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
Sounds like you are in a tough position with a job bid for production you can't get with the equipment available to you.

Looks like you will just have to give it all you can, and let the chips fall where they fall. You can wish all day long you had a bigger machine, or more machines, but in the end, you can only use what you have.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

You are very correct, I'm a true believer in getting by with what you have to do with. To many superintendents cry and whine these days having to have this and having to have that. My father always taught me that if you are working a man short you are making money & if your working a man long your loosing your butt.

xcavator120

Occupation
Equipment Operator
The mechanic said... is he just going by what books say, or experience? There's one big variable involved, called the operator. You get used to how a machine responds, and how it can perform when pushed hard, what you can and can't do with it. Get into a foreign machine and things tend to slow down a little, until you can get the feel for it.

I've not ran a Terex, but have a Volvo, Komatsu, Deere, and Cat. So far I think that the Volvo does respond better, the hydraulics seem to be more fluid and smoother than the others.

I agree about superintendents crying... however some supers don't ask, and expect you to load at the same volume using a skidloader..

fiat41b

On our job one day last last week we had a total of 28,900 yards moved that was first shift using 5110 and a 385 along with me stripping topsoil with my 600 fiat-allis
and using a total of 15 40 ton trucks at 20 yds per load about 1445 loads over 1/2 mile one way to the stock piles night crew was included using the 385 and 6 trucks im going to have to get picture for you.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
On our job one day last last week we had a total of 28,900 yards moved that was first shift using 5110 and a 385 along with me stripping topsoil with my 600 fiat-allis
and using a total of 15 40 ton trucks at 20 yds per load about 1445 loads over 1/2 mile one way to the stock piles night crew was included using the 385 and 6 trucks im going to have to get picture for you.

Nice one

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
Pic's

Here are pic's of the 470 Excavator, D8-N and a 400D Truck, The Prime's D9-R and 631 in background

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 449
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 442
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 444
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
More pic's. I would have gotten more but it statred raining :mad:

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 513
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 514

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Nice pics, look forward to seeing it in action. Never heard much of Terex excavators, be interested to see how it does. It certainly has a big bucket at any rate.

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
Nice pics, look forward to seeing it in action.

You & me both, if it doesn’t quit raining we'll never get started. In Kansas you can't move oversize loads when the pavement is wet. Lowboy got caught in a breif rain hauling the D8 down and got a ticket :Banghead

hvy 1ton

You & me both, if it doesn’t quit raining we'll never get started. In Kansas you can't move oversize loads when the pavement is wet. Lowboy got caught in a breif rain hauling the D8 down and got a ticket :Banghead
Why am i not surprised... Anyway i hope you can get started soon. Throw some more equipment pics up when you get a chance, especaily if they have murphy stickers on them. :D

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
6" of :cussing Rain is just to :cussing much! :Banghead

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 460
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 478
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 466

JDOFMEMI

Looks like you need to build an ark.

I bet the place you are supposed to dig is under the nice lake.

stock

Occupation
6" of :cussing Rain is just to :cussing much! :Banghead

Gee what part of Ireland are you in cause no one else can get that much rain.

stock

Occupation
:Banghead:Banghead

gbdigger

Occupation
Super

When my boss told me he was sending down the service truck this morning I told him to cancel it and send a boat instead :Banghead

And here is the cut area which is going to be a wetlands :dizzy

The nice lake is the fill area

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 450
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 447
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 457

stock

Occupation
I'm looking out the door at nearly the same thing.

gbdigger

Occupation
Super

Hey Jerry if you would, put a rope around them :cussing rain clouds and keep em out there for awhile....thanks :D

Last edited:

JDOFMEMI

Hey Jerry if you would, put a rope around them :cussing rain clouds and keep em out there for awhile....thanks :D

I would love to keep some of that rain out here. We have been in a drought, and all the reservoirs are nearly dry.
I've been doing a rain dance, but it looks like it all went to the wrong place.

Feel free to send the clouds back this way.:D

gbdigger

Occupation
Super
I would love to keep some of that rain out here. We have been in a drought, and all the reservoirs are nearly dry.
I've been doing a rain dance, but it looks like it all went to the wrong place.

Feel free to send the clouds back this way.:D

I'll see what I can do about getting them clouds turned around, but right now after reading the NWS forcast for river crest I got to get out there and move the equipment to higher ground :Banghead