• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best older loader---Case w18 or Trojan 2000?

LeakyBoot

Looking at used loaders for work around small time gravel plant. Trojan has a 4-71. Wondering about parts for the Trojan.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Of the shelf for the Detroit engine. Tranny, rear ends and most everything else is common components from the major manufactures. Should be able to buy most everything and build the rest. I always thought they were a bit of a clumsy beast but it doesn't sound like you need to be huge on production. Like everything else it depends on how it was treated in its previous life. Like every other used machine it might be a lemon or as sweet as lemonade.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Of the shelf for the Detroit engine. Tranny, rear ends and most everything else is common components from the major manufactures. Should be able to buy most everything and build the rest. I always thought they were a bit of a clumsy beast but it doesn't sound like you need to be huge on production. Like everything else it depends on how it was treated in its previous life. Like every other used machine it might be a lemon or as sweet as lemonade.
True on the Trojans never cared for the few we had but as Trojan never really built a loader but just assembled them from other companies parts bins most parts should be able to be located with a bit of looking.

Best story about Trojan loader I recall was the new 1980 Trojan 4500 that was delivered to the quarry and was parked out by the shop waiting for dealer to come by and give the operator a lesson on operation. A couple days latter I walked past the loader and noticed something on ground under the front axle. Brand new machine that never touched a stone pile and one of the front axle retaining bolts broke and fell out on the ground!