• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Best place to buy new tracks

atgreene

Looks like my 135 has a track problem on one side. The center is bowing out, I think it has torn inside the rubber and it obviously is on it's last legs.

The machine has 1200 hours on it, and has been worked in some rough areas. Where I'm at now on the side of a mtn., it is running on side hill constantly and driving over stumps that were improperly cut by the moron who was in there cutting tree's.

Either way, I either will go with rubber again, or maybe price steel with rubber pads.

Out of curiosity, anybody know of any used track dealers who would have steel tracks laying about?

Thanks.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Atgreene - if you want to go back with rubber tracks the cheapest place I found was Solideal - locally. It was about a grand less than OEM for a T250 and they also had mini-ex tracks. As far as metal tracks for a mini, I don't know of any places. I wonder if you swap from metal to rubber tracks on a mini you have to replace the sprockets, rollers and idler?:beatsme

minimax

Look at mclaren tracks, the hybrid tracks realy rock on a mini. they will last 3000 hrs or more. And steel tracks are much more stable.

minimax

atgreene

I've emailed McLaren and asked for a quote for both rubber or the steel with rubber pads. I really like the looks of the hybrid steel with rubber.

As far as compatability, Takeuchi uses the same track whether using steel or rubber.

I'll check solideal as well.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Those hybrid tracks are pretty sweet. On their website it says they also make these for MTL's although I couldn't find the specs on them. Let us know about the price difference.

woberlin

Occupation
excavating contractor/bodyshop owner
When I needed tracks for my pc-75 I checked into the McLaren hybrid tracks. They were very expensive! Also, on my machine, the rubber tracks required inner flange rollers, and the steel required outer flange rollers. Idler and sprocket were the same. I stuck with the rubber. The best price I could find was from Ward Equipment, they always have listings on e-bay. They were hundreds of $'s cheaper than anyone. I really liked the hybrids, just could'nt afford them.

minimax

I payed $3400 dollors for a set to go on a 35 size deere and they used all the same sprockets, rollers and idlers.

minimax

cat320

Charter Member
I've emailed McLaren and asked for a quote for both rubber or the steel with rubber pads. I really like the looks of the hybrid steel with rubber.

As far as compatability, Takeuchi uses the same track whether using steel or rubber.

Alan afterseeing the video on them they look like the best of both worlds steel undercarrige with replacable rubber tops. the onlt thing is the $$$ they probably will not be cheap but if you can get 2-3 times the wear out of the steel and rubber tops then it probably is worth it.

atgreene

Thats what I'm thinking. I know the rubber is going to be 1800 or so. I really don't want to do this on a regular basis, and prefer steel anyway.

We'll see. I'll let you know when they get back to me.

nedly05

We have rubber on our 27 ZTS JD. They arent too bad, but I would strongly consider steel when it is time to update them. The minis I have run with steel seem to get around better off the beaten path with steel tracks, and thats where we spend most of our time. The rubber isnt really any better on lawns either, and the mini isnt too rough on the pavement so steel seems to me like a better plan.

baseball

mclaren

i think you should buy the hybrid steel with rubber:)

Coastal

I used to have rubber on my minis, my last machine I tried steel, I will never go back to rubber again. I just ordered a new komatsu PC27 with steel tracks and rubber pads. Steel rocks! And as an added bonus, they sound neato and you can pretend you're driving a big machine. :D

I might even put steel tracks on my T-300 when its tracks fall in half this summer.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I might even put steel tracks on my T-300 when its tracks fall in half this summer.

If you do let us know how they work. I've got a T250 and would like to go with steel. It'll be awhile since the rubber tracks are at 80%.

Coastal

Will do, I was talking about it with my smart excavator part builder, hydraulic attachment guy...he said its definitely doable, there might be a bit of machining involved to the idlers, but I think he said a 75 sized excavator track would fit the drive sprocket. I just dont feel like spending $4000 or so on another pair of crappy rubber tracks that i have to baby to get any life out of.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I just dont feel like spending $4000 or so on another pair of crappy rubber tracks that i have to baby to get any life out of.

I'm with ya on that! Thanks for the info.

atgreene

Here goes:

Thus far I've got prices for the following:

Takeuchi rubber: $ 1300 + shipping
All steel : $ 1600 + shipping

Prowler rubber $ 1071 + $ 100 freight

McLeran rubber: $ 1700? with shipping ( I might have this wrong)
Hybrid steel w/ rubber pad $ 4217 with shipping

And a company that didn't leave their name, only the price and a phone # on my machine:
Rubber: $ 1900 + $ 217 in shipping

Anybody know anything about Prowler?

My former Takeuchi salesman knows of a used set of steel as well for a 135, and is looking into it for me.

I've got a company in Scarborough Me that does aftermarket tracks, chains, idlers etc... that my father mentioned to me. I'll try them tomorrow.

We'll see. There's quite a wide range in price, say nothing of shipping.

The McLeran salesman kinda pmo as he wouldn't email me the info, only fax it. They are pushy, anyways, so I'm not too keen on them.

minimax

atgreene, I had my hybrid tracks shipped to are local yellow freight hub and it save me over $700 then having them shipped to my house only 40 miles from my house!!

minimax

minimax

If those used steel tracks have hole in the track pads you can buy the rubber pads from mclaren without the tracks. pads are about $16 each.

minimax

cat320

Charter Member
That hybrid seams just a little far out there I mean you could get t-3 brand new of the other and have new vs one that might last what they say.

SouthOnBeach

Occupation
jack of all trades
i just bought a set of rubber tracks for our hitachi last month from a place out of atlanta, ga, called Rubber Tracks USA. they had a very good price plus were very helpful answering all the questions i had. not pushy at all on tryin to sell you on them. so far i'm happy with the tracks.