• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big roadwork projects coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill onthehill

The transportation secretary just announced the release of funding for states to implement "work ready" projects to start this spring and summer. Things should be looking up fairly soon for highway and bridge contractors. This funding is for roadwork that has been on hold for lack of funding and will supposedly put up to 300,00 people to work quickly. The bad news is the housing market is slowing even more because the banks are not loaning money out for people to buy houses or cars. Until they get the banks in line things look grim for the little guy. Bill

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Are these guys freakin nuts! I knew being a liberal was a brain rotting disease, but good lord. These guys are certifiable!

hoeman600

Occupation
yellow thingy moverer
just watch glen beck hear what ya dint here on any other show. fox news channel 5:eek:o pm eastern. it will make ya sick.... as for road work will see. I guess im out of a job cuz IM NOT JOINNING A UNION!! I pay enough people allready!! I ve been a scab my whole life and im ok with that.. dont blame me I did not vote for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:usa

hvy 1ton

Beck is the man, and i have the same sentiments about the liberal brain rotting. Lawrence is the blue dot in the red sea around here so i have to deal with it a lot. KS has had GOP senators continuously since 1932, but a retarded dem gov for sometime.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
Of course I don't agree with the President on some issues, but I think he is trying to hold off a recession or depression :eek: by putting people back to work. I give him a LOT of credit for that. The work in this stimulus deal is going to be done by private companies, and they will have a chance to compete for it by competitive bidding. I keep a roof over my head and food on my table by working on whatever projects I get on, whether it is public or private. Work is work and money is money. I am not going to turn down employment simply because the government happens to be the customer.

Dozer575

Banned
Occupation
Machinist and occasional pt Dozer oper
just watch glen beck hear what ya dint here on any other show. fox news channel 5:eek:o pm eastern. it will make ya sick.... as for road work will see. I guess im out of a job cuz IM NOT JOINNING A UNION!! I pay enough people allready!! I ve been a scab my whole life and im ok with that.. dont blame me I did not vote for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:usa

Well we minds well join a union. Cause with all the emission standards and other restrictive environment crap comming its gona do no good to buy an old dozer or machine and try to work it. They'll shut you down for blowing black smoke, or puking oil.

Turbo21835

sounds like a girl I once knew! :eek:

could be worse, could look like an ewok puking a milkshake, a tribute to brother Qball.

This is going to end up being a huge waste of money, most of which we wont see the light of day for another two years. Just another political boondoggle.

Turbo21835

I guess im out of a job cuz IM NOT JOINNING A UNION!! I pay enough people allready!! I ve been a scab my whole life and im ok with that.. dont blame me I did not vote for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:usa

Your not a scab, just a rat. Scabs cross picket lines. I dont hold the fact that someone is non union against them. I work as a union operator, and when they dont have any work, i work as a non union laborer. Our rules say i cant run equipment, so i make an end run around the rules.

Theres a lot of people that did not vote for Chairman Nobama. Including me. Hell until the month before the election my union local was telling me to vote for Hillary. They started telling us that almost a year and a half before the election. I guess thats why i voted against both, i was confused :stirthepot

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
As we all know by now, forum policy is to stay away from political discussions. We do allow a little slack when it's a discussion about something that directly affects our industry.

As I posted in another thread, it's difficult to discuss some of these issues without getting political. Unfortunately, this one went straight down the drain from the first reply on.

If somebody wants to try again, and everybody can restrain themselves from direct political comment (meaning name calling, political party references, politcal philosophy references, etc. ) maybe the impact of the program on the industry can be disccused and we can benefit from the discussion.

This one however, is too far gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.