• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Blade not functioning properly

C&S Farms

I have a 750j Dozer the the 6-way blade will not move down. It will move from side to side very slowly. Was working fine and just quit. Any ideas to start looking?

HDMRice

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
It will lift the blade up, but not down?

When you move the pilot lever do you feel any resistance, or any hydraulic noise?

First place I'd look is your pilot circuit, making sure you've got enough pressure to be moving spools.

C&S Farms

When it acts up it feels like there is no pressure to control stick. It will start working after the machine is turned off and sits a bit. Has to be a loose connection.

HDMRice

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Tech
There is a pilot enable switch beside the blade controls, it feeds voltage from fuse f9 to the solenoid, and then heads to ground at the starter motor. I've seen solenoids that overheat, and become open, and once they cool down function again. But it's probably what you said, a loose connection. You'll need to determine if the solenoid is getting power and ground when the machine acts up, and go from there. You could also check its resistance while its acting up, and you might find that its become open.