• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 334G

Ecostruction

I'm in the market for a mini-ex and am considering a 2006 Bobcat 334G. It's not close to me, so I've had it checked out remotely. It's got a boatload of hours on it, but it's a one owner and in pretty good shape. The only thing that concerns me is the negative vibe I get by reading posts about bobcat machines and there is a clicking sound when this machine rotates. Like a playing card in the spokes of a bicycle.

The remainder of the machine is in great condition and appears to be well taken care of. Thoughts on a bobcat 334 and what does the G stand for? Also thoughts on what the clicking might be when rotating?

All help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Eco

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
The "G" stands for the series ...like my skid is a "K" series and its predcessor was a "G" .... now the newest models are called "M" ........ the clicking might be the rotary ring gear bearing which may be a costly thing, try hitting it with grease, not a huge amount you will push out the seal if over greased but a few shots on all nipples and see if the sound changes also see if the oils are OK where the swing motor is can't remember if there was a dip stick or not, check with a dealer ..... the 334's are abullet proof machine, just not a ZTS or ZHS which is really awesome if in tight stuff

Canadian_digger

We have 2004 334G with 2000hrs on it and have not put a dollar into it other than oil and filters and had to replace one track. The 334 has been a great machine for us.

As for the clicking sound, I think our may click a little when your swing. I think our did that from day one so if its the same thing I would not worry about it. Maybe a Bobcat tech with chime in and let you know for sure.

barklee

I have a 2004 334G and i think its great. Mine has 2200hrs on it. Only thing i have done to it is replaced a cylinder ram and seals (operators fault). Mine makes a very slight clicking noise but nothing too severe. Also broke the pins for the x change, i guess that is a common problem with this. Other than that it has tons of power, fast digging speed, Kubota motor (hopefully), and a dealer on every corner. I wouldnt think twice about owning a Bobcat.

Excavator759

Occupation
excavator, demolition, site work contractor
I am not a big bobcat fan, I own 2 of them and havent been very happy. I will say the 334 seems to be the most reliable bobcat mini. My 430 makes that clicking sound and also the 341, they have since they were new.

gpap123

Occupation
Civil Engineer - Contructor
I am thinking of purchasing a 334 of 2000. Is it worth to search for 334g ? Are there any differences between the older and the newer model? What is your opinion?