• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 337 Thoughts

UNCLETONY

Hey guys wandering your thoughts on a bobcat 337 mini. I have never ran a bobcat mini and was wandering what your thoughts were on this model. I am planning to go look at a 2000 with 2200 hrs cab.

Any thoughts on
-Price
-Engine 48 HP (don't know make, or if it would need rebuild soon, guy said he changed oil frequently)
-Hydraulics (is this a fast machine, or will I be waiting for it)
-Anything else you would like to share on the machine

Thanks for any info

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Hey guys wandering your thoughts on a bobcat 337 mini. I have never ran a bobcat mini and was wandering what your thoughts were on this model. I am planning to go look at a 2000 with 2200 hrs cab.

Any thoughts on
-Price
-Engine 48 HP (don't know make, or if it would need rebuild soon, guy said he changed oil frequently)
-Hydraulics (is this a fast machine, or will I be waiting for it)
-Anything else you would like to share on the machine

Thanks for any info

I have always found BC mini exs to be fast, not smooth/fast mind you but jerky/fast. If its running right you wont be waiting for it.

Aussie Broker

I agree you definately wont be waiting for it, prolly one of the fastest cycle times going around for mini's. kubota engine should be good for a long time to come.

Diamondback

Had a house place with basement dug three years ago. A buddy of mind did the dirt work with a BC 337. He also cleared several large stumps and removed a few medium sized pines (12-14" dia.) like they were nothing. I was so impressed, I bought a BC 430 (smaller machine) when the opportunity arose to do various jobs around our property and my neighbors.

Bear in mind, I'm an operator wanna be and have next to no time on other brands. Many here are not fans of the BC line but I have been relatively satisfied.

Good luck, Diamondback

UNCLETONY

I was wandering a bout the engine if it was a kubota or deutz. Makes me feel better that it is a kubota and it has fast cycle time. I of course am gonna operate it for 15 minutes before i pull the trigger.

Any more thoughts on...

-Price
-Downsides to this machine
-Any other thoughts on BC minis.

Thanks for the quick responses already and any further information is much appreciated.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Here are some auction results and equipment for sale prices from MT.

Also take a look here to gather some info on year, condition, prices, etc.

I have a 334 that I bought new in '01. It has been a good little machine with no major problems other than wear items, although I did have to repair a broken weld in the boom once. It's not the fastest or strongest mini out there but it will crank and perform what is asked of it, plus it's paid for.:D

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I was wandering a bout the engine if it was a kubota or deutz. Makes me feel better that it is a kubota and it has fast cycle time. I of course am gonna operate it for 15 minutes before i pull the trigger.

Any more thoughts on...

-Price
-Downsides to this machine
-Any other thoughts on BC minis.

Thanks for the quick responses already and any further information is much appreciated.

There used to be a couple 341's around here (that is the long stick version of the 337). They had trouble cooling. The hyd. system on this is rather bogus I think. The plastic tanks are not large enough and the fluid is cycled through constantly. We are at high elevations, which may be a reason for the over heating of the hyd. oil. No one runs these machines here any more. A couple landscapers have the 331's but you don't see any of the 337 or 341's. Not to say they are bad but when buying new anyway there are better choices. IMHO.