• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bobcat 610 fuelpump question

rick342

previous problem was fuel pump was not strong enough to keep clear fuel filter full. after a short while, the machine would run of of gas. the gas would then trickle back into the fuel filter and you could then the machine again.

so i changed out the fuel pump with a brand new one from bobcat. no difference at all. i pull the fuel line off and started machine. VERY LITTLE SUCTION, why?? is there and adjustmnt to the fuel pump? any othe ides why such little suction. THANKS FOR ANY HELP,
rick:beatsme

bgirls

Occupation
IT director, Transportation director
Its possible that there is problem with the pick up tube in the tank sucking air, maybe it has corroded thru above the fuel level. try running from a portable tank to the fuel pump and if all is good start working back to the onboard tank.
We used to see this problem in the marine industry.

rick342

Hi bgirls,

Thanks so much for your response.... I have tried a fuel line directly from the new fuel pump to a gas container. Still not enough suction. I think maybe the lobe on the cam shaft is probably worn.

bgirls

Occupation
IT director, Transportation director
Take the old pump and weld a plate on the lever where it makes contact with the cam and see if you save having to pull the engine apart.

rick342

OK New problem!! Today I put an electric fuel pump on Everything went perfect. I figured finally I fixed this problem, Used it for 15/ 20 min and shut off again, same deal wait 5-6 min, restart go for another 10, 15 min, shut off again. What the HECK is this!!! It must be electrical, are there any other resistors that would shut the machine of???

Thanks Rick

jdeere412

bobcat 610 fuel pump?

OK New problem!! Today I put an electric fuel pump on Everything went perfect. I figured finally I fixed this problem, Used it for 15/ 20 min and shut off again, same deal wait 5-6 min, restart go for another 10, 15 min, shut off again. What the HECK is this!!! It must be electrical, are there any other resistors that would shut the machine of???

Thanks Rick

im having the same problems with my 610 did you figure out what it was?
thanks ryan