• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 610 keeps shutting off..

rick342

Hi everyone, I posted this problem before and have had many great suggestions. Background info: Wisconsin Air-cooled 4 cyl. gas engine. Bobcat 610 runs great, but after running for about 20 min. it will shut off like someone turned the key off, and will not restart until about 5/6 mins have gone by then it will ALWAYS start again and run for about another 15 min, and will repeat this process ALL DAY!!! driving me nuts. I just changed out the coil, put a complete new wiring harness, new alt. with built in Volt. Reg. So one suggestion I got was to see (when it shut off) if I had power to the coil, and I do. So does this mean its a fuel problem?? Fairly new fuel filter... should I be looking at the fuel pump next??? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!! :Banghead Thanks....Rick

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Pull a spark plug and ground it, then crank the engine when this condition exists. If you have spark then it has to be a fuel delivery problem. Another way to test is when the machine quits, give it a quick shot of ether and see if it will run on that for a few seconds. If so, you have spark but no fuel. Check this and report back.

Virg1952

I just replaced the wiring harness and battery on my 610 (it has an internal regulator) and its over charging when I crank it up, close to 45 amps. I've been trying different things with my wiring but can't figure it out.

Virg1952

New to this but need help

My 610 is back feeding and draining the battery down. I have a new battery and wiring harness and have tried everything I can think of. No luck. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me. I'm not too good with the computer and this is my first time in a forum.

Thanks
Virgil

jrtraderny

Hi everyone, I posted this problem before and have had many great suggestions. Background info: Wisconsin Air-cooled 4 cyl. gas engine. Bobcat 610 runs great, but after running for about 20 min. it will shut off like someone turned the key off, and will not restart until about 5/6 mins have gone by then it will ALWAYS start again and run for about another 15 min, and will repeat this process ALL DAY!!! driving me nuts. I just changed out the coil, put a complete new wiring harness, new alt. with built in Volt. Reg. So one suggestion I got was to see (when it shut off) if I had power to the coil, and I do. So does this mean its a fuel problem?? Fairly new fuel filter... should I be looking at the fuel pump next??? Any ideas are greatly appreciated!! :Banghead Thanks....Rick

What was the outcome of this?
jr

bgirls

Occupation
IT director, Transportation director
Was the exhaust recently replaced or rerouted? If so it may be vapor locking. the carb and fuel line sit in the valley and if the exhaust is near it may cause a problem. How about the gas tank cap not being vented and pulling a vacuum on the tank and starving it of fuel.

geezer

Check your fuel filter. take it off and shake it, then pour out the fuel from the "in" end. I'll bet you it's full of rust

terryb

Need some Advice!!

I am hoping someone will read this as I need to reply three times before I can start a new thread as i am a newbe! Anyways I have a 1999 753 and it was running fine well snow clearing and I got out of it walked away with it on idle and it just died. No power to the ignition at all but the headlights work! Any thoughts help please!!