• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 753 - Pulled engine, fixing leaks and fan drive.

colson04

I'll be honest, I've never been a big fan of Bobcat skid steers. I've always enjoyed running the Case skid steers more as I naturally like the H-pattern hand controls over Bobcat's foot controls. I have short Achilles tendons, and running foot controls all day puts a lot of extra stress on my feet and ankles and makes for a painful evening if I have to operate for too long. I bought this machine from my dad when he was looking to sell out. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was in fair shape and reasonably priced. I had always thought I'd keep it a year or two, and then move on to what I wanted. Ive owned it over 5 years. Now that I've been through this project and dealt with Bobcat, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another machine from them. Their product support for a 30 year old machine has been astounding. I ordered about $1000 worth of parts over the last year, and everything I needed was in stock and available next day UPS to me for no extra cost. Their online microfiche has been super easy to use, I can verify parts fitment via serial number, order before 4pm my time, and have it next day via UPS Ground.

Overall, I am quite happy with their support of an old machine. Now that it doesn't leak oil everywhere, I won't mind taking it to customers' properties again.

colson04

I got a bucket on and moved some firewood to stretch her legs today. I have it back on jacks as I have to sort out my steering linkage. The left side is binding when pushing lever forward. Looks like I'll be replacing some of the steering linkage soon. I didn't get much run time due to rain and soupy mud, but engine temp came up to Normal range, volt meter showed upper 13 volts for charging, and no other warning lights came on. I may have to readjust my main belt tension as I heard it screech a couple times when under peak load. 20240402_155024.jpg