• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat 863f Ex-3 code

chris allen

Occupation
Feild tech
Hey guys, getting puzzled here with an ole one, drug an ole loader outta the woods an helping a friend out with it, it has a deutz motor in it (just lovely I know). Well it starts an runs fine. Want boom up north tilt, try’s too Lil but nuthin, the inter ppc want lite all the green lites up behind seat, drives tho but I think the parking brake has been gutted out (common remedy I see) well the cab has one of the pain in the but boss screens in the right cab corner , an like allways can hardly see the lil lites lite up in there. But I can make it out to read the code. Says EC-3. Witch means engine temp sensor wire not connected? Only sensors I’ve found on the motor is oil press sensor (that’s looks new) an the Lil one to the left of the alternator (behind it beside #one injector) an it’s plugged in too, took wire off sensor an checked continuity from end of plug to computer under cab, seems to be good. I had found a electrical code service repair manual for G series bobcat skid steers an mini ex’s few yrs ago an purchased them, (great to have) would like to find one for the F series too to help with all the head aches. Any advice would help with my code an any literchure on the F series electrical troubleshooting guides. Thx guys for ur time an help