• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat e26 oil leaks

JBudd2

Occupation
Reinke Center PIvot dealer (irrigation)
i have a e26 excavator with about 500 hrs on the clock. For the last two years or so, every time it goes out it comes back with an oil leak. The hose connections at the valve body on the left side are the problem. It is always an o-ring in the hose end connection.we have changed probably 10 or so. Don’t know if we have changed any twice. The dealer says they have never heard of this before, must be a Monday built machine. Has any else had this problem and is there a solution?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Can you better describe where that o-ring is? Is it Parker Triple Lok 2 fittings that have an o-ring on the JIC flare on the male nipple of the fitting? Or is it the o-ring that seals where the fitting screws into the valve body?

JBudd2

Occupation
It is the O-ring that is on the flare of the JIC fitting the screws into the valve body. The other half of the fitting doesn't seem to bother. We have started holding the fitting as we finish the tighetning so that we don't over tighten the o-ring end. Don't know if this helps as we are still getting failures.

melli

It is the O-ring that is on the flare of the JIC fitting the screws into the valve body. The other half of the fitting doesn't seem to bother. We have started holding the fitting as we finish the tighetning so that we don't over tighten the o-ring end. Don't know if this helps as we are still getting failures.
Are you sure there is supposed to be an O-ring on JIC fitting?
If it keeps blowing, with correct torque, you either have an over pressure situation, or there isn't supposed to be an O-ring. I suppose there could be a defect with fitting not being true...suspect you'd see that.
As I google the fitting, I see some instances of o-rings on JIC fittings...my Bobcat is old, and it doesn't have o-rings on JIC hose connections (that I can remember).

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
The Parker Triple Lok 2 fitting looks and is exactly like a standard JIC fitting except it has a tiny groove on the taper of the fitting to accept an o-ring. If you keep blowing that o-ring, which I haven't seen that happen with the frequency you're experiencing, I'd consider removing that Triple Lok 2 adapter fitting and replace it with a standard JIC adapter fitting and see if you get a different result.

http://ph.parker.com/us/en/triple-lok-2-soft-seal-37-flare-fittings

JBudd2

Occupation
The Bobcat parts book just calls it" fitting hyd connect", and list an o ring separate. Bobcat part no 15KB0606

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Any hydraulic hose shop would have a standard JIC adapter to replace that Triple Lok 2 adapter. A standard JIC fitting will work with the existing fitting on your hose. I'd give it a try. Won't cost you much money and you just might solve your problem.

melli

The Bobcat parts book just calls it" fitting hyd connect", and list an o ring separate. Bobcat part no 15KB0606
Yeah, looking at pics of it on Ebay, the JIC end does not need an O-ring. The other end looks like a straight thread O-ring Boss. I missed you noting the JIC has an O-ring...
Guess Ebay listing has it wrong.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
To be clear, JIC requires no o-ring on the taper of the fitting where the hose connects. Parker Triple Lok 2 is the exact same thing as JIC, it is JIC, except for one distinctive difference, Parker fitted an o-ring to the taper on their Triple Lok 2 fittings. Aside from that they're both JIC spec and completely interchangeable. All I'm saying is if, for whatever reason, you keep having failure of the o-ring then toss the o-ring by replacing the fitting with a standard JIC fitting. You really have nothing to lose and just might remedy your problem.

JBudd2

Occupation
Thanks Willie for the info , that is a very helpful explanation of JIC ends. I think that next shop day I will run it in and change 1/2 of the ends and then see what happens. Won't be a very expensive thing compared to the gallons of hydraulic fluid we have dumped at job sites.