• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat E50

TomG

More

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 3,572
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 2,650
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 2,664
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 2,586
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 2,638

TomG

You guys cant imagine how powerful this machine is, its just amazing. It will lift 8,0000lbs and i think i used just about all of that power to get these rocks out!

YouTube - Bobcat E50 Moving Two Huge Rocks

Attachments

• 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 2,650
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 2,604
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 2,725
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,563
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 2,565

TomG

Tom, what were your thoughts on the Case cx50?

I thought it was a good machine, not great but good. It was very smooth and had decent power. I thought the enclosed cab was small it didn't have a lot of room in it (I am 6'3" though). It was definitely better than the Yanmar but not even close to the E50 performance wise.

DGODGR

You guys cant imagine how powerful this machine is, its just amazing. It will lift 8,0000lbs and i think i used just about all of that power to get these rocks out!

YouTube - Bobcat E50 Moving Two Huge Rocks

8,000#! IDK. That machine probably weighs about 16,000# (my guess) maybe 18,000#. My 40,000# machine can lift 10,000# barely. I am glad to hear that you are happy with that machine though. Good luck with it.

landtekk

Glad you like your E50,and have been watching the videos.
I have a 435 and I've been really happy with it. Lots of power and ability to lift. I will try one out to see if the hydraulics are tweaked much different, the spec sheets show higher breakout forces but I'll need to run one to compare.
I think they are pretty comparable although I do like the fast track system and the dual ram on the blade so all the crap I pull over the blade fall on through. Look forward to more pics.:D

TomG

8,000#! IDK. That machine probably weighs about 16,000# (my guess) maybe 18,000#. My 40,000# machine can lift 10,000# barely. I am glad to hear that you are happy with that machine though. Good luck with it.

Here is the proof. This is the lifting chart that is on the machine, not bad for a machine that only weighs 10677lbs.:D The heaviest thing we have lifted that we know the weight of was a 5000lb slab of granite and the machine had absolutely no problem with it.

Attachments

• DSC01074.jpg
    DSC01074.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 2,459
  • DSC01075.jpg
    DSC01075.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,422

DGODGR

Well I stand corrected. I see your chart there. That 8,800# pounds is impressive... but not quite as impressive when you consider that this only applies to loads that are 3' below ground level. Once you reach ground level your load has to be over 2,000 pounds lighter. I assume that most hoisting will occur above ground and this is where I thought that size machine would fall short of an 8,000 pound lift. Again, I stand corrected, and I'm happy that you are happy with that E50.

Tundra4x4

My post doesn't add much, but TomG's videos on YouTube are well done and the E50 looks like a beautiful machine. I look forward to more videos in the future. I watched the Bobcat Advantage videos, which I'm sure are biased, but they are persuasive. I was looking at the KX161, now the KX057 as an alternative, but the KX057 is a about 10% or so more expensive for what looks like a comparable machine. I hope to have the finances together to purchase an E50 later next spring, just have to keep my nose to the grindstone and keep the spending down. More videos!

Tundra4x4

Ummmm... I bought the e50 last week and it should be arriving the week of Christmas. I couldn't wait! :bouncegri

This sweet machine is going to help keep me from destroying my low back doing what I love: landscaping! (Daytime job is in the medical profession). It took me 4 months to move a measly 500 wheelbarrow loads of clay (digging out the back of a hill for a basement) and I still have at least 500 more to go for next summer. The excavator could literally do that in 2 - 3 days max.

I'll have to cover it with a tarp until the snow clears in March, but I'll be sure to sit in it a couple times a month just for the sheer pleasure of it. I plan on keeping the machine for its and my lifetime. My wife's head nearly fell off when I got back from the bank after finalizing the loan, but I was able to revive her. I have long range plans that the excavator fits very nicely into.

I'll post a couple pictures of it in the snowbanks up here near Minnesota's iron range when it arrives. :)

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Ummmm... I bought the e50 last week and it should be arriving the week of Christmas. I couldn't wait! :bouncegri

This sweet machine is going to help keep me from destroying my low back doing what I love: landscaping! (Daytime job is in the medical profession). It took me 4 months to move a measly 500 wheelbarrow loads of clay (digging out the back of a hill for a basement) and I still have at least 500 more to go for next summer. The excavator could literally do that in 2 - 3 days max.

I'll have to cover it with a tarp until the snow clears in March, but I'll be sure to sit in it a couple times a month just for the sheer pleasure of it. I plan on keeping the machine for its and my lifetime. My wife's head nearly fell off when I got back from the bank after finalizing the loan, but I was able to revive her. I have long range plans that the excavator fits very nicely into.

I'll post a couple pictures of it in the snowbanks up here near Minnesota's iron range when it arrives. :)

Forgive me but I have to ask. Why would you move 500 wheel barrows of material? Why not rent something and get it done? One last question and then I will mind my own business. A new 50 size mini ex seems like a quite a purchase for a part time landscape business. Is this your first piece of equipment?

Tundra4x4

Good question KSSS. I could rent, but then I have to rush, rush, rush when I had the machine. Owning my own machine would mean that I could take my own time, which I usually only get in small chunks of 2 hours or less at the end of the day. Eventually I'll use it to build my first house. I've been remodeling my starter house for 7 years and will be purchasing some land in 4 - 5 years to build a brand new house. If this purchase turns out to be a bad idea, its a small loss of a few thousand dollars on resale some time down the road. A person loses just as much value after driving most new vehicles off the lot.

My impression is that this is a far better purchase that an equally expensive new Corvette which I could have blown my money on. I believe I purchased a machine that will help me enhance the value of each property I own from now on, and do it in a timely fashion.

These boards have been quite helpful in deciding to buy a mini excavator.

AirBornOne

My impression is that this is a far better purchase that an equally expensive new Corvette which I could have blown my money on. I believe I purchased a machine that will help me enhance the value of each property I own from now on, and do it in a timely fashion.

These boards have been quite helpful in deciding to buy a mini excavator.
Atta boy Tundra,
Who wants to go running around in a 'Vette,paying insurance,paying tickets,not really being able to let it stretch it's legs,when you could be home w/ the missus doing what you love?
And your right,this board is great!
I don't realize how much I've learned here until I find myself digging away and a thought pops into my head...'hey there was a thread/comment about this,I need to watch here or don't do this'.
As a non-professional,I caught a little flack (good flack) from co-workers about my mini-ex.But when the estimate for hand digging/replacing my perimeter foundation was 25-50K, the less than 9K purchase seemed a no-brainer.Specially considering the $900 in rentals I made prior to my purchase.
Of course my 1250hr. TB-016 is no match for an E-50 but I don't have that kind of room.
Skies.
Jay.

TomG

Definitely post some pictures when it comes in! I bet your excited. You made a great purchase you wont be disappointed.

TomG

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 2,393
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 2,451
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,422
  • 4.JPG