• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat S250 Leaking oil from hydrostatic pump shaft seal.

3rdgendslmech

Working on a friend's bobcat doing a variety of repairs and trying to fix some of the leaks. One of which is the main seal on the hydrostatic pump drive. I've looked at the repair manual and looked at the machine and it looks like I can do this with the pump/engine assembly still in the machine. Has anybody else done this before? The manual shows the pumps/engine assembly removed and I'm not about to tackle that project in a small garage with just a little engine hoist lol.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Are you referring to the main input shaft seal? Or one of the control shaft seals?

3rdgendslmech

Definitely from the main input shaft. There's also a chance that the control shaft for the right side is leaking also.
Merry Christmas Willie!

crewchief888

Working on a friend's bobcat doing a variety of repairs and trying to fix some of the leaks. One of which is the main seal on the hydrostatic pump drive. I've looked at the repair manual and looked at the machine and it looks like I can do this with the pump/engine assembly still in the machine. Has anybody else done this before? The manual shows the pumps/engine assembly removed and I'm not about to tackle that project in a small garage with just a little engine hoist lol.

if the machine has the large access covers it's possible to get to the seal.
the drive belt has to be removed, the pully has a couple threaded holes for pusher bolts to remove the pulley.
the pulley is friggin heavy, watch your fingers !:eek:
with a shaft seal leak theres usually another problem, like a bad shaft bearing

:drinkup
we usually pull the engine and pumps...