• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat S250 Lock Out Issue

Rees

I have a Bobcat S250 with an intermittent issue. The loader arms and bucket will lock out at times. The coil and valve for the interlock has been replaced. (No change) When it does lock out, the valve spools still have travel. 14volts at the interlock valve even when it is locked out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Bout ready to set this thing on fire.

ozarkag

Something not adding up for sure, you've got all the options covered. New coil and valve stem, Power at coil, so should work, right?
A few assumptions. . .
when it locks up, you can still move pedals, but loader doesn't move and oil is forced over relief, with the engine loading.
No error codes, as your spool locks unlock, and you have power at the Bics coil.

Rees

Yes that’s correct. When it locks up, the pedals and spool valves still move. No error codes on the machine. This one has me puzzled. I’m not super familiar with Bobcat machines. It is low on hydraulic fluid. I am going to top it off tomorrow. I was doubting that there would be a sensor that would lock out the arms and bucket due to low fluid. And if there was, I wouldn’t have 14v at the BICS coil

ozarkag

Low charge pressure would code and lock, but only after oil is completely empty. Unless this machine has an extra lock valve after the main hydraulic valve, (and I'm not aware that Bobcat used one), I wonder if we're missing something at the BICS valve.
1 Correct valve, the BICS is located dead center on the side of the main valve, buried in oil pipes. There are multiple valves/coils in a Bobcats belly, one way to know is to unplug and check the resulting code.
2 You have 14 volts, but is the valve coil magnetizing or are you fighting "ghost" voltage? Bad ground or weak/corroded connection.
3 Could possibly be an internal component in the main valve?

Good luck and keep us posted.