• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat still not running Please HELP

lizkid

I have a t-200 it has 1500hrs and it ran all of about 10 minutes AFTER I owned it. Then it just stopped. I found I had no power at the fuel solenoid .I know that the wiring is good from the front of the machine where the relay is to the back because if I jump the relay in the fuse box area I can make the solenoid power up. I can flip the fuel lever and start the machine and it seems to run normally, but would like to fix what ever is wrong. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated, I have replaced the key switch and checked all of the connections and wiring, but still nothing,,,

Since atcoequip can explain things alot better than me, Here is a better explaination, of what I have done and am trying to fix Help

I have power at the red wire at the fuel solenoid relay, and I could "jump the solenoid relay like how it would be if the solenoid received power". I have pulled the relay, determined I have battery (fuse) power on terminal 30 of the relay, and I installed a jumper between terminal 30 and terminal 87A (wire going to fuel solenoid), and can activate fuel solenoid. So, I am decribing a situation where the relay is not being activated because it's not getting a voltage input, on the relay, most likely it's not getting a voltage input.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Sorry to hear your still having trouble lizkid. :Banghead

It sounds like you've identified your trouble, no power to either terminals 85 or 86 to activate relay, just haven't found the cause. I wish I knew more about this part of a Bobcat, but I can't seem to even get a wiring schematic from my local dealer. :mad: And for another rant; when the %&*# is Bobcat going to do like so many other brands and offer a website that actually allows you to get some info...like parts breakdowns? I think the relay actually gets it's switched power from the ECU. The key switch sends an ignition signal to the ECU, then passes it on to the relay. Be sure and check to see if you have a harness plug connection where the harness comes out of the cab and goes down the frame plate where the fan is, then makes a bend when the harness gets to the hyd tank. A lot of Bobcats have a plug connection there. If so, take the connections apart and check terminals. I have seen corroded terminals and have had to make an external jumper around the bad terminals. You might try to send a message to bobcatmechanic and see if he has any input. Good luck bro. :)

Hello, have you thought about your safety interlock systems malfunctioning? You might want to start looking at your safety interlock systems on that machine. Something might be signaling the ECU to disable engine fuel or put unit in shut down mode. Food for thought!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
To my knowledge, the safety interlocks on a Bobcat don't prevent starting engine, they only prevent drive and boom functions. You can have the seat bar up and engine will still start. :)

I thought maybe there might be some protective devices within the system that prevent engine / hydrostat damage signalling the ECU to not allow fuel solenoid to activate, in effect keeping the engine from running. I don't have any experience on any of the newer ECU / Microcontroller models. Just the old mechanical fuel injected models of the 80's and 90's. My 2 coins worth!

bustedknuckle

What code is the machine giving you? When you try and start the engine, and it doesn't, you might hear three beeps (sometimes the buzzer is broken/inop.). When that happens, push and hold you light button, and a service code will appear in the hourmeter. Let us know what code, and we might be able to get you on the right track.