• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat V519 Joy Stick Dead Spots

ThatGuysFarm

I have a 2018 Bobcat V519 telehandler. I have had this telehandler since new and I love it. The last few weeks we have noticed that you can not feather the forks up and down like you use to. You push on the lever and by the time it engages it drops quicker then normal. I've put many hours on this machine doing intricate work moving beams into place, unloading material, and we use it almost every day in our welding shop moving large parts around, so we know that we use to be able to be super gentle with this but now its jerkier and quick. My thought "or this is what it seems like operating it" is that the joy stick in the going down "forward" has a dead spot or weak spot and it's not sending signal at the "gentle" range in the stick, but once you push the stick far enough forward it gets single and drop the loader. Can these joystick wear out? It's a movable point so I suppose it can. Has anyone had that happen before? I've had joystick just quit but I haven't had one seem to get a dead spot. Thanks for the thoughts.

Dutchboy

If this is pilot hydraulics, check your knuckle between your valve and your handle. When that wears out it is almost impossible to feather with one hand but you might be able to by holding it steady with one hand tapping it forward with your other hand. The knuckle should not be the issue on your age of machine unless it has high hours.

ThatGuysFarm

I'm pretty sure this is an electric joystick with no linkages. I haven't taken the console apart to know 100% but it looks like your typical multifunction joystick.