• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bobcat Wiring Harness

aknome

Occupation
Retired teacher
I have a 7 & 14 pin Auxiliary wiring harness that needs installation in an A300. How do you feed the harness through the loader arm? It appears there is enough space for the wrapped wire but not for the connectors on either end of the harness.

crewchief888

I have a 7 & 14 pin Auxiliary wiring harness that needs installation in an A300. How do you feed the harness through the loader arm? It appears there is enough space for the wrapped wire but not for the connectors on either end of the harness.

remove the harness connectors that plug into the machine, and feed the harness through a stiff wire or an electricians snake may be needed.
some harness kits mount to the (inside) surface of the loader arm with self tapping bolts and clamps

curious why you need 7 and 14 pin harnesses?
:drinkup

aknome

Occupation
Retired teacher
Harness had both, I only need the 14 pin for my snowblower.
Only way I can see to remove connectors is to cut them off. Not too keen on doing that.

crewchief888

Harness had both, I only need the 14 pin for my snowblower.
Only way I can see to remove connectors is to cut them off. Not too keen on doing that.

the terminals can be removed from the connectors.

maybe i misunderstood you,
7 and 14 pin harnesses are 2 seperate harnesses, unless you have a very old 7/14 pin combo harness (possibly with a toggle switch?) from back in the day when bobcat was switching over from 14 to 7.

what model snowblower?
do you already have a 7pin harness on the machine, and need to add the 14pin? :confused:
i have switched some old attachments that were originally 14 pin to the 7 pin connector.

aknome

Occupation
Retired teacher
7 & 14 pin combined harness, no toggle switch. Snowblower is a Quick Attach, brand new, wired for 14 pin because dealer said skid steer had 14 pin. Skid steer arrived with no harness at all so dealer sent harness, ACD, mount at Aux., and instructions.

aknome

Occupation
Retired teacher
182 views and two replies. :)
Connectors will not come off. Right now they are heavily wrapped in Duct tape along with a rope and are halfway through the top hole of the loader arm.

DGODGR

The wires can be individually removed from the back of the connector. Many mechaics have special tools (picks) for removal. Different types for different connectors. Bobcat sells the tool for your needs. I have them but I could not find them, when last I needed them. They are plastic anyway so I am a bit suspicious as to how well they work. If I remember correctly, I cut the wires and soldered/shrink wraped them back together. I had damaged the plug (the one mounted on the arm that you plug the attachment in to) and had to replace it. If you mess up the plug, you can buy it individualy.

aknome

Occupation
Retired teacher
Well, for those wondering:
Rope, Lots of Duct tape, lots of sweat(heated shop, it's 5 degrees up here), and finally a come along to get the taped connectors through the top of the loader arm with only one connector boogered up a bit. I still don't know how to mount the ADC but I hooked it all up. Then I attached the snowblower to the machine, checked the book for which buttons to push and.... it works!

crewchief888

the acd is normally mounted with 2 round magnets (something like you'd mount a strobe light on) to the inner left side upright, sorta above the battery.

aknome

Occupation
Retired teacher
No magnets with mine. Something about "can't ship them in the mail". I'm thinking zip ties.

crewchief888

No magnets with mine. Something about "can't ship them in the mail". I'm thinking zip ties.

yea, i remember seeing the boxes marked with "no air frieght"

if the ACD controller was packaged with bubble wrap ( usually is) keep it wrapped, and sorta "stuff" it between the frame and battery.

or make yourself a flat tray mount to sit on top of the battery holddown clamp

aknome

Occupation
Retired teacher
To conclude this tale:
I mounted ADC to a piece of UHMW, bolted that to an "L" shaped bracket and mounted it to the battery hold down bolt.
It's snug against the interior wall foam and everything works as it should.