• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bogged Cat 312

Eddiebackblade

Having a go at posting my first pic's.
These are from last 'Summer!!!' in the UK, and show a Cat 312 that the owner asked me to go and look at.
I usually end up doing machine rescues with him anyway, but as he was busy he asked me to take a look on my own as I would probably 'just drive it out!!'
The phone call I had to make to him was certainly interesting, as he thought I was joking about needing another machine and timber mats.
His face was certainly a picture next morning when he found this!!
I'm certain there could be a prize for the best 'take' on the wording of the rear Warning Sticker!!

Attachments

• bogged 312 1.jpg
    bogged 312 1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 1,410
  • bogged 312 2.jpg
    bogged 312 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,167
  • bogged 312 3.jpg
    bogged 312 3.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,229
  • bogged 312 5.jpg
    bogged 312 5.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,377
  • bogged 312 6.jpg
    bogged 312 6.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,674

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Aw come on Eddie, what you need the other machine for :D It wasn't to get a better picture.
Whats the story, he left it running and went to tea :rolleyes:

petersfamilytru

I'm a professional at getting myself in stupid situations, but this is better than I've ever done!

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
Wups! I'm afraid to ask how it wound up like that. I guess I got it lucky here, the ground usually stays where it's supposed to. :rolleyes: :p

Eddiebackblade

The sorry Story!!

Rob I refrained from simply driving it straight out to spare the operators pride!!:D
The tale goes that he was entering the field to clean a ditch that had been attempted by a Backhoe the previous week. The Backhoe had sunk and was recovered leaving a considerable mess, which then received heavy rainfall. The 'operator?!!' :beatsmedecided to drive straight into the mess to tidy it up, promptly sinking. According to the guy he was on hire to, he then spent a considerable time 'thrashing' about until he reached the state shown in the pics. As shown the machine would not lift the dipper out of the ground, due to the suction of the 7 ft Ditching bucket buried.
You can see the Mats on the low loader behind the John Deere, and that is the closest solid ground.
It really was an experience digging it out, as even on Mats the ground would move for quite a distance around the rescue machine.
The feeling was like being on a Rubber Duck with soft tyres all round.
It took around an hour to extract the machine and Mats, but no attempt to tidy the mess was made for the simple reason that it wasn't safe to be there!!
The moral is be man enough to say 'it's stuck' when recovery is a simple tug out from another machine or a couple of timbers to assist.

euclid

Occupation
Engineering
wow what a mess but I would have liked to see pictures of the machince being removed from that muck!

Eddiebackblade

A Few more Pics

Just the last pics showing the machine unharmed and actually quite clean!
Also the devastation to the poor blokes field!

Attachments

• bogged 312 7.jpg
    bogged 312 7.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 669
  • bogged 312 8.jpg
    bogged 312 8.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 670
  • bogged 312 9.jpg
    bogged 312 9.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 669
  • bogged 312 10.jpg
    bogged 312 10.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 674

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
Rob I refrained from simply driving it straight out to spare the operators pride!!:D

According to the guy he was on hire to, he then spent a considerable time 'thrashing' about until he reached the state shown in the pics. As shown the machine would not lift the dipper out of the ground, due to the suction of the 7 ft Ditching bucket buried.

The moral is be man enough to say 'it's stuck' when recovery is a simple tug out from another machine or a couple of timbers to assist.

Thanks Eddie

:notworthy luv it ! :D Whats that expression, Put the shovel down, a for you dig urself any deeper :cool2