• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bolt on rubber pads

Boophoenix

Anyone have experiance with bolt on pads for a 312 to 315 size machine?

I'm in the market for a machine in this size range and thinking pads might save me a lot of trouble pulling behind a dump truck. I have a possability at a fair amount of work in subdivisions with the machine, but backing over curbs to unload is often times damaging to the trailer and the curb not to mention getting a large trailer jacked into little lot.

I had a torsion rod on a 22.5 ton trailer break on me a couple of years ago going down the interstate from curbing to unload doziers. Luckily for me it was night time and a few polite tractor trailer drivers gave me the warning honk. It had potential for a serious acident as the long end of the torsion rod was facing foward plowing and not draging ( seems this might be a design consideration for manufactures come to think of it, the joint seems to always be to the front leaving the long end to the rear ).

The bulk of the lots will be dirt, but there will ocationally be rock which I understand can't be very forgiving to the pads.

QuickTrax

You need to call Superior Tire and Rubber. Talk to Carla #814-723-2370. Tell her Quicktrax sent you. They supply bolt on rubber pads. BLS also carries them but Superior has much better prices.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
There are rubber tracks available for that size machine might be a better option.

Dominion 410

rubber pads

We have a 135 Link-Belt Spin-Ace with bolt on rubber pads.Machine is a 2006 with about 2,100 hrs.on it.The pads work just fine,and the whole undercarriage is a lot tougher than just straight rubber.No peeling or excess wear as of yet.The odd scuff mark from the rubber,but on the whole a real handy set-up.If the machine was operated on blasted rock,there could be an excessive wear problem.

Dominion:canada