• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bought a used 333D and had seller put on new tracks - now two error codes?

sepulchral

2011 John deere 333D - seller installed new 18" camoplast tracks

1594.02 "Left SPeed Sensor - Bad or erratic Data"
1595.02 "Right SPeed Sensor - Bad or erratic Data"

Any words of wisdom other than "go to service rep"?

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
Don't have other people put tracks on For you ? Just saying....maybe to tight on the grease adjustment,maybe it was ****** up prior too the new tracks ? How many hours on it ? jD had a serious problem with the drive motors as did many others using the same brand. They go bad and are super expensive to replace...not enough details to really make heads or tails of this issue..

sepulchral

so i just took it out for a drive and it shudders/vibrates very badly at any moderate speed.. the rubber on the outer edge of the teeth on the tracks is wearing off too. it has 1168 hours

pafarmer

Occupation
The rubber wearing on the drive cog tabs is not an issue. That metal exposes itself immediately. the vibration and shudder is troubling to say the least. Behind the seat in the machine is a manual. You need to find track tension instructions and check to see if both tracks are in proper/specified adjustment. If they are then It appears as though you may have a drive motor issue. Is the machine displaying any error codes on the operator display/console ? Did you buy it with a warranty of any kind ? Was it represented as fully functioning etc.....

sepulchral

was represented in good condition my a local business.. no warranty. it seemed to drive fine when i test drove it. the hydraulic fluid is a little low (you can barely see it coming up the site tube) at low speed and going on soft ground it doesnt vibrate.... i should have mentioned i was on asphalt when it was vibrating violently

WHat can i use as hydraulic fluid for a 333d?

pafarmer

Occupation
Use JD Hygard or simply go to your local JD dealer and tell them what you need and what you are putting in in and they will give you the correct Hydro fluid. I always stay with the manufacturers oil per the machine manual. They like to assign blame for failures on using oil other than what they recommend which is always their own brand. If you get a oil analysis sample kit when you are at JD you can send it in and have an oil analysis performed. Allot can be learned by doing and it's something I always did prior yo putting any money on the table for any peice of heavy equipment...

sepulchral

Use JD Hygard or simply go to your local JD dealer and tell them what you need and what you are putting in in and they will give you the correct Hydro fluid. I always stay with the manufacturers oil per the machine manual. They like to assign blame for failures on using oil other than what they recommend which is always their own brand. If you get a oil analysis sample kit when you are at JD you can send it in and have an oil analysis performed. Allot can be learned by doing and it's something I always did prior yo putting any money on the table for any peice of heavy equipment...

My friend at UR is getting me a service manual...

What is this filter just dangling here?

IMG_0926.jpgIMG_0929.jpg

hmearth

Check your cab nuts are tight that causes bad vibration through that model machine.
I blow two final drives at about 1500 hrs the drive were machined wrong so I do regarler probe checks (SOS)
To make sure AOL and now have 3800 hrs on clock.

Dhuff

I have replaced these before the worst part is not removing and reinstalling the track, but cleaning out the pathway of the electrical cord.
My question is: Is there a way to test the speed sensor to confirm it is the sensor rather then just replacing it?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
My question is: Is there a way to test the speed sensor to confirm it is the sensor rather then just replacing it?

Yes. A jumper harness is made so you can swap the wiring from one sensor to the other. If the code changes to the other sensor, then the wiring is good and the sensor is bad. If the code remains the same, then something is amiss with the wiring/connections/controller.

Vetech63

Would you mind posting a pic of your tracks? Sometimes the design of the track blocks alone can cause vibration when moving on hard surfaces. I have ran into this before.

Dhuff

Yes. A jumper harness is made so you can swap the wiring from one sensor to the other. If the code changes to the other sensor, then the wiring is good and the sensor is bad. If the code remains the same, then something is amiss with the wiring/connections/controller.
Thanks, did you just make a jumper harness or get one from JD?

Dhuff

Made one. Deere does not sell one.
Hey mg2361, if possible could you send me a picture of this jumper cable? If I'm not mistaken you need 6 wires and to sets of deutch connectors, but I just want to make sure I am headed down the right path.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Sure, but it will have to wait until next week. I'm off this week.